Hunting season already over!

I have pre-op on Monday and surgery on Thursday, I will keep everyone posted.

Thank you all!

Mine looked like this a week after surgery :shock:

Attachments

• IMG_20130315_120556.jpg
    IMG_20130315_120556.jpg
    447.4 KB · Views: 683
Forget that negative Karma ! I was in a tree stand 10 days after serious spinal surgery, to the vicious angst of my wife, mom, and MIL. Called my Best Man, he picked me up, and off to camp we went. Met up with my former CO, and wound up having a one of the most memorable and successful hunts of my life ! Call in ALL favors, and you'll be freakin' awed by how how far your buddies will pull through for you.

Not bad karma just relating my personal experience and I had friends bend over backwards to help me. Granted I was 64 when I broke mine and I'm 66 now so every one heals differently with age. I also went from a size 12 shoe to a size 13 on the injured foot.

Got some new hardware to wear for the next 6-12 weeks. Say hello to roboleg!

1445035642.jpg

1445035592.jpg

I didn't need all of that but then I only broke the ankle and didn't shatter the bone the way you did. Are you able to get around with that on your leg? My first shower was a great relief and felt great. I would put my foot in a kitchen garbage bag and wrap it with duck tape to keep the water out since I couldn't get it wet. My tub and shower had been replaced prior to my accident and I had a walk in installed which turned out to be a good thing our I would have been confined to washing in a basin.
I feel for ya Buddy.

Had the hardware removed on Thursday, and was released from hospital on Saturday afternoon. During surgery the Dr's found I had a nerve running between one of the breaks and it was probably the main cause of the majority of the pain is was feeling these last few weeks. They were able to maneuver the nerve out from between the bones without any further damage to it.

Dr's told my wife that the nerve had sustained some damage but would heal up in 2-3 weeks. However if we had waited another week for surgery the bone probably would have closed up around it. Already the pain is a lot more manageable than before, and there are a lot fewer muscel spasms. Though the did harvest some bone graft and marrow from my right femur as well, so now my whole leg hurts, not just the lower portion.

It will no doubt that your family will appreciate having you home for Christmas; and no doubt you will be glad to be there. Glad the surgeon found a cause of the pain. I do pray for complete healing.

I have a new picture of the hardware, it'll be tough at airport security!

FullSizeRender_1.jpg

At least there are no wires running from it. I carry a card with a picture of whats in my ankle and have flown since the injury and have never had to show it. I was a little tiffed when the airport scanners didn't pick it up but latter was glade I wasn't strip searched or I would have missed my flight. :lol:

Wow Chad. Impressive.
Hope you continue on the mend.
Merry Christmas to you and your family!

You are doing great, keep it up and be cautious, stay on the rehab. Then start pushing it, just a little, doctors always are really cautious.

Chad, it sounds like you have a good medical team working for you and your healing very well.
Keep up the good work and Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Hang in there and heal up! You should be in good condition for next fall's season!

Guy

Chad, I am glad to hear you are on the mend. Before long you will be better than before this incident!! Look out next fall no one will be able to hold you back.

Blessings,
Dan

Back