I couldn't help it

It's nice to live in a country where speaking against the government doesn't "yet" bring re-percussions. I don't know if I'd be too confident for very long in an open venue:(
Good Hunting
Elkhunt :grin:

POP":1d6yxixi said:
The UNHoly Trinity

Obama, Biden, Pelosi.

Fixed it for you, POP.

Need to put Harry Reid in there, too. Somewhere. But I don't know if he's smart enough to be in the first group.

Greg Nolan":21jd96xu said:
It's nice to live in a country where speaking against the government doesn't "yet" bring re-percussions. I don't know if I'd be too confident for very long in an open venue:(
Good Hunting

Censorship..........
The liberals are already complaining about talk radio......

JD338

JD338":25iyh3ic said:
Greg Nolan":25iyh3ic said:
Good Hunting

Censorship..........
The liberals are already complaining about talk radio......

JD338

Isn't that called the "fairness doctrine"?
The liberals don't think its fair that conservative talk radio kicks butt an dmakes alot of money. Liberal talk radio can't make 50 cents.
Their solution is to regulate private radio stations and force them to air the liberal talk shows even though the station will loose money.

Sounds fair to me :evil: :roll: :evil:

Nice rifle, how does it shoot? Are going to hand load for it? Are you going to put a scope on it? What are you going to use it for?

It's has been raining very hard here for a couple of weeks.
I am going to hand load for it. I will probably start with my ar-15 load and progress from there.
It is topped with a Leupold VXIII 3.5x10 that I won at a Elk foundation auction.
I am very anxious to see how it shoots.

Had a couple of Ranch rifles. Couldn't get them to shoot. Found out the problem was the barrel band at the front of the stock. They did look cool with the 30 round mags in them tho.

old #7":8yo34ief said:
It's has been raining very hard here for a couple of weeks.
I am going to hand load for it. I will probably start with my ar-15 load and progress from there.
It is topped with a Leupold VXIII 3.5x10 that I won at a Elk foundation auction.
I am very anxious to see how it shoots.

I like the scope and that you are going to hand load for it. As you, I can't wait to see how good it shoots. This will be interesting to see just how this rifle does respond to a good scope and good hand load's plus someone who shoots good. I will be waiting for the results. Cool 8) 8)

old #7

We need a range report.
Ya got a rain coat??? :lol:

JD338

JD338":1uiijozl said:
old #7

We need a range report.

JD338

I sure do.
I am a framing contractor and I work outside every day regardless of the weather. When I get home after a soaking wet day I don't feel like going back out in it.
Sometimes I feel like letting a few rounds fly at work but I guess I have too much self control to let that happen. :grin:
I will make it out this week end but don't know if I will be target shooting or breaking in the barrel shooting at a can.

old #7":yah9v0tc said:
JD338":yah9v0tc said:
old #7

We need a range report.

JD338

I sure do.
I am a framing contractor and I work outside every day regardless of the weather. When I get home after a soaking wet day I don't feel like going back out in it.
Sometimes I feel like letting a few rounds fly at work but I guess I have too much self control to let that happen. :grin:
I will make it out this week end but don't know if I will be target shooting or breaking in the barrel shooting at a can.

I VOTE TARGET SHOOTING!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to see how it shoots. Please - TARGETS :grin: :grin: :grin:

A can IS a target!

sterb132.gif

Well,
I went to the range today and wasn't dissapointed at all.
I shot 30 rounds through the factory fresh bbl and the first three shot group I put on paper were these three shot at 100yds, no wind off "sand bags"
001.jpg

I played with windage and elevation for a few rounds to get close to center and shot the remaining 8 rounds into this group.
002.jpg

There are four rounds realy close to each other and then the other four are scattered into a 2.25 group. I think that after break in, a much needed trigger adjustment and some more load experiments this one may shoot well.

I was shooting 55gr Rem fmj/bt, CCI 400, Rem cases and 24.5 grs of Varget. I don't have any chrony results because I was too excited to shoot and left the stand at home :roll:

Good, it shoots good, I am glad man, that is cool and I am glad you shot a target although I would have understood if I saw a picture of a can. Great, you should be able after shooting it some to really get some more good results out of that semi-auto. Thanks for taking the time to post pictures.

POP":38jtoakf said:

Yeah.
Better than I expected.
I spent about 1/2 hour honing and polishing the trigger.
I think the next range report will be better. You know how bad factory Ruger triggers are. :roll:
If I could get to 1.5" groups consistantly I will be very happy with this rifle.
I have a feeling that bullet weight is going to be the key in this rifle's accuracy.

old #7":i8dn4ycs said:
POP":i8dn4ycs said:

Yeah.
Better than I expected.
I spent about 1/2 hour honing and polishing the trigger.
I think the next range report will be better. You know how bad factory Ruger triggers are. :roll:
If I could get to 1.5" groups consistantly I will be very happy with this rifle.
I have a feeling that bullet weight is going to be the key in this rifle's accuracy.

I like the improved and great trigger on the M77, they got that right.

Back