I need to clean my loading bench more often

HTDUCK

Handloader
Apr 18, 2009
Seriously .
I just found a box on the back corner of it with six 1 pound bottles of Benchmark in it.
I think I bought them back in October but bow season was in full swing then and I had deer on the brain .
That reminds me, I bought a lottery ticket last night. Better go check it. :lol:

I chuckled when I saw the title of this thread. I have to clean my bench on an ongoing basis. Inevitably, I find stuff I forgot that I had picked up. The tyranny of the urgent ensures that things I can't live without are pushed aside to make room for what cannot wait. What a life. :grin:

I wish I had a box with 6 pounds of powder that I forgot about. I did find 500 primers the other day that I forgot I had.

At my age I can put things down at night & I am not sure in the morning that I am going to find them. I am forever looking for items that I know I should have, I usually find them after I have purchased a new one :roll:.
I was looking for my one outdoor edge hunting knife for almost a year could not find it anywhere so I went out and purchased a new one, two days before hunting season I dropped a bullet and as I looked for it I found the knife in its case under my rolling cabinet how it got there beats me :evil:.
So I regifted the knife to my son he thought it was hilarious (y).
My kids call it OTD!!

Blessings,
Dan

Back in the day when I had a garage, shop, barn, work truck and a personal truck I had a problem keeping track of all my tools. Now that life is a whole lot simpler I can go into my garage and admire my collection of pry bars(6), framing hammers(4), shovels(4) and skil saws(2). The best one that my brother still razzes me over is 2 months before hunting season I couldn't find my bow and bought a new one. A week later I found it in the well shed. I had been practicing with it when a pipe burst four months previously and had set it down to do the repairs and forgot about it. I needed a back up bow anyways. Life is a little calmer and I don't have that happen much anymore. :grin:
Scott

I feel that. I have doubles and triples of some things.

HTDUCK":8cq64vtf said:
Seriously .
I just found a box on the back corner of it with six 1 pound bottles of Benchmark in it.
I think I bought them back in October but bow season was in full swing then and I had deer on the brain .
That reminds me, I bought a lottery ticket last night. Better go check it. :lol:

That's AWESOME and I got a good belly laugh out of it!

My bench is a bonafide wreck right now...you may have inspired me, and maybe I'll find something I forgot I had, too.

I'm goin' in, wish me luck!
:lol:

I could tell many stories like the ones above. Makes me want to go organize the barn/shop. No telling what kind of stuff I have that I don't know I have. :mrgreen:

Don't feel bad. I spent 2 years (!) or more looking for the bedding kit and drill bit I bought at the SHOT Show from Charlie at Score Hi Gunsmithing. I had used the bit on a rifle a few years ago and hadn't found it since then. Last summer I even called the guy who purchased the rifle just to see if it ended up in the box with the rifle, but no luck. I've checked the garage, all over the basement reloading room, you name it and couldn't find them.

A few weeks ago I looked in my tool box that I use to hold my scope mounting tools, spare FAT wrench, etc. You know, the box of tools you use every time you work on a scoped rifle which for me is frequently. Opened my eyes and right in there is the drill bit and bedding kit. I just constantly ignored them because they weren't the tool I was reaching for, and have likely seen them 100 times.

Duh.

sask boy":oktgn9em said:
At my age I can put things down at night & I am not sure in the morning that I am going to find them. I am forever looking for items that I know I should have, I usually find them after I have purchased a new one :roll:.
I was looking for my one outdoor edge hunting knife for almost a year could not find it anywhere so I went out and purchased a new one, two days before hunting season I dropped a bullet and as I looked for it I found the knife in its case under my rolling cabinet how it got there beats me :evil:.
So I regifted the knife to my son he thought it was hilarious (y).
My kids call it OTD!!

Blessings,
Dan

Me too, Dan. The wages of old age.

I haven't seen my loading bench since September.
One of these days I'll get around to loading again. Starting to feel like it might be time to start loading again. Got a couple of .41 Magnums I need to work up.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I finally got around to building some shelves that I had been thinking about for a couple years to get some stuff up off the floor and you wouldn't believe the treasures I found. 600 pieces of already prepped and ready to load '06 brass for my Garand was one of them.

Wincheringen":gw7yg8m0 said:
I finally got around to building some shelves that I had been thinking about for a couple years to get some stuff up off the floor and you wouldn't believe the treasures I found. 600 pieces of already prepped and ready to load '06 brass for my Garand was one of them.
Now, that is some treasure! (y)

I can lose stuff in minutes, especially when I have multiple projects going. I swear that at least 10 % of my time is spent "looking".

I lose new brass often, because I stash it where I can find it and forget where I put it?

This post is hilarious. It get's funnier as you get older. I keep my powder stash separate from the rest of my reloading equipment and it wasn't too long ago I was looking for some IMR4320, a powder I don't use very much. I shuffled the powder around and at the bottom of the "pile" was an unopened 4 pound can of Universal clays I had totally forgotten about. With the shortage of pistol powders this brought a very large smile to my face.

sask boy":72dlupm6 said:
At my age I can put things down at night & I am not sure in the morning that I am going to find them. I am forever looking for items that I know I should have, I usually find them after I have purchased a new one.

That right there is totally me. Over the last few years I've bought more stuff than will fit in my work area so now the WHOLE THING (not JUST the bench, tho that's in DIRE NEED also) looks like a MidwayUSA jet blew up over my house, showering it's contents down into my workspace!

I am blessed, but too disorganized to know what all I've been blessed WITH!

Back