If you had to Chose one

truck driver

Ammo Smith
Mar 11, 2013
Which would you buy, a Minox 2-10X50mm Plex reticule or a Meopta Meopro 3.5-10X44mm Plex reticule? The Meopta is cheaper than the Minox.

Will not buy a scope with a obj larger than 44 unless it's on a dedicated target/varmint rig. From my slight knowledge base on this the Meopta has better glass. A buddy picked up a pair of Cabela's Euro HD 10X42 binos and the glass is pretty dang awesome.

truck driver":1fs1tdmb said:
SJB358":1fs1tdmb said:
The Meopta would be my pick.
can I ask you why?

I think the Meopta's are built a little heavier than the Minox. I like the Minox, but the 3.5x10 Meopta is the old Zeiss Conquest and is an excellent scope all around. I am still feeling my way through the Minox's some. The new HD versions are very good in all ways, but I had a few of the older ones that make me look with a more objective eye now.

I have the Meostar 10x42HD's and I am not sure you can buy more binocular for the money, they are excellent and RUGGED.

Both of them have real good customer service.

I have both the 3.5-10x42 Conquest and I have the 2-10x40 ED Minox. The Minox is much improved over the earlier one that I had which you could not even see through in low light. However, my 3.5-10x42 Conquest (Meopta) is brighter, higher contrast and less expensive, not that the Minox is bad, just the Meopta is better.

I have only owned the Minox & did not have good luck with it :(.
I believe that I would give the Meopta a go (y).

Blessings,
Dan

just picked up the Meopta Meopro last week, the 3.5x10x44, I think it's going on the Kimber Montana 260, but I am super impressed with the scope, built tough like Scotty said, and man optically its awesome! Can wait to mount it up and try it out.

Marshall, I just got mine today and mounted it on my M70 35 Whelen Imp. So far I'm a happy camper and like you said the glass is awesome and crystal clear with no problems with eye relief what so ever. mount the rifle and you have a perfect sight picture with out moving your head around to clear the scope up. (y)

That is great, Rodger! Congratulations. I do believe you will like this.

Thanks DrMike. I was looking at Meopta before I bought the Leupold but couldn't pull the trigger on it. It would have saved me a lot of trouble if I had got it first. But you live and you learn.

Jim it does have nice glass and there is no comparison to the VX3 .

They are a bargain in my opinion. Can't hardly touch glass like that for twice as much from other makers.

Scotty it was less than the used Leupold I bought from SWFA . $349.99 vs $378.95 I'll take a $30 dollar savings any day of the week plus right now I believe it is a better scope with the same or better warranty. Life time transferable warranty.
If I can save up the money I plan on getting another one just to have it for a rainy day.

Back