I'm an A-hole I guess! .280 AI recoils more than the 7mm RM.

The ignore feature is a godsend. Don't expect every expert posting on the various forums to demonstrate restraint or humility; they are too important for such foibles.

The primary reason I moved to this website is because of the tone of the posters here. I still post occasionaly on a couple of others but soon grow tired of the sniping, and language shown by some. Anyone occasionaly will post something that doesn't come out right, or sounded much better in our mind than it looks on paper. But the folks here respect others and do not lower themselves into the dirt. The internet is a wonderful tool, when used right and appropriately. However because its not, "one on one" communication, some use it to feed their egos, or massage their addled brains, by abusing others. We all have known bullies and punks, in our lives and they exist everywhere, and the net allows them unfettered access,for their venom.

Elkman":jcc92v9v said:
The primary reason I moved to this website is because of the tone of the posters here. I still post occasionaly on a couple of others but soon grow tired of the sniping, and language shown by some. Anyone occasionaly will post something that doesn't come out right, or sounded much better in our mind than it looks on paper. But the folks here respect others and do not lower themselves into the dirt. The internet is a wonderful tool, when used right and appropriately. However because its not, "one on one" communication, some use it to feed their egos, or massage their addled brains, by abusing others. We all have known bullies and punks, in our lives and they exist everywhere, and the net allows them unfettered access,for their venom.

Very well stated, Bill. I'm with you in this assessment.

Recoil is such a fickle critter, I gave up trying to figure it out beyond rifle fit. For instance I will shoot my 270 and 7mag for 40 -50 rounds in 1 trip, but my daughters 7mm-08 is like a spring coming unsprung, feel like getting punched with needles, 10runds of that and I'm done with it. It is a savage though and from the other savages I've had a new stock will change that. Wonder how long it'll take her to shoot out the barrel then? :)

Back