It's getting a little ridiculous.

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
I shoot a gun a couple times and kill a deer with it and now I'm going hog wild gathering stuff to reload for it.

Asked a buddy of mine to round up some good 348 cases for me. 20-30 would've probably done it. He came through in spades and what do I do? At the bargain price I bought the whole lot.

2 bags of of factory Winchester's, and 50 loose brass. The loose brass is 30 Winchester's and 20 Super Speed which I was told is a Winchester brand. I'll probably use the loose brass and hold onto the factory bags.

For those unfamiliar with the 348 it's a case that's not much longer than a 308 but is quite a hefty cartridge. Here is a comparison beside a 30-06 case.

Yes he did you well. I would use them all. Give them a good cleaning in the tumbler and trim just a touch to clean up and even the case mouths.

6mm Remington":12of152n said:
Yes he did you well. I would use them all. Give them a good cleaning in the tumbler and trim just a touch to clean up and even the case mouths.

Still got some stuff to get before I get started. I need a .348 collet for my case trimmer, and of course nothing will happen until I get dies.

lefty315":1vj3em4x said:
Or you could sell a bag to a fellow .348 owner....hmmm....I have a .348:)

Well Lefty, just how much pocket change do you have jingling around right now? :grin: No seriously, I would probably let one bag go at a fair price. Once it's out the door it's gone and I can't get it back.

ShadeTree said:
lefty315 said:

Well Lefty, just how much pocket change do you have jingling around right now? :grin: No seriously, I would probably let one bag go at a fair price. Once it's out the door it's gone and I can't get it back.

I've got a picture of Guy with an icicle hanging off his hat I'll trade you (y)

I'll shoot you a PM.

lefty315":2sy07fxs said:
ShadeTree":2sy07fxs said:
lefty315":2sy07fxs said:

I've got a picture of Guy with an icicle hanging off his hat I'll trade you (y)

I'll shoot you a PM.

A picture of Guy? How big? I got a spring garden coming up and will have some critters that need scaring. :lol: Just kidding Guy. :grin:

Got your PM and replied.

I might have dies without stems if you need any. If I recall correctly they are RCBS. Not sure what all is missing, bought them years ago for next to nothing, but I do know exactly where they are.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

thatguySHM":3gc2c8j1 said:
I might have dies without stems if you need any. If I recall correctly they are RCBS. Not sure what all is missing, bought them years ago for next to nothing, but I do know exactly where they are.

Thanks, I appreciate your offer and trying to help me out. But I already got a complete set lined up. Thanks again.

Nice find , you need to treasure those blue bags the newer red and black bag Win. brass leaves a lot to be desired.

Like these awesome flash holes?
d96c2e71aa4747fb767a919905234c00.jpg

RL338":3o2bzhcs said:
Nice find , you need to treasure those blue bags the newer red and black bag Win. brass leaves a lot to be desired.

Yep, been told that by more than one person. The older blue and white bags are the good ones. I suppose any factory Winchester's in 348 will automatically be the older bags.

thatguySHM":1mkgjyid said:
Like these awesome flash holes?
d96c2e71aa4747fb767a919905234c00.jpg

I’ve got some once fired factory Winchester loads in 6.5 CM. My flash holes look just like yours lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back