Kevin Weaver 240 weatherby custom

lovestohunt

Beginner
May 31, 2012
Well I finally got my custom back.

It started life as a pre 64 model 70 featherweight in 30 aught....

It is now a....
240 weatherby
26in fluted brux #3 ss fluted barrel with a 8.5 twist
Williams bottom metal and extractor
McMillan black and yellow swirly with decelerator pad
Pillars, glass bedded and free floated
Action has been trued
Checkered bolt knob and bolt stop
Topped with Talley quick release rings and bases and a 3-18 x 44 Leupold vx6
240 bee engraved on the barrel and bee engraved on the bottom metal
Entire rifle cerakoted black and yellow

sorry about the crappy pics....my youngest decided to use my camera as a soccer ball and I had to use my camera phone.

Rifle was built by Kevin Weaver in Colorado.

That's an eye-catcher, for sure, Tico! Hope it shoots as hot as it looks.

Somewhere in Heaven, JOC just had a heart attack :).

Just kidding lovestohunt, looks like a Hornet instead of a Bee! That rifle is gonna sting.

Whoa! I remember a certain member (cough! DrMike/Scotty, cough!) generously offering to shoot my 300H&H for me....as a favor, mind you.

Nice rifle, Tico! Different, but it is cool!

tddeangelo":3uuz7itj said:
Whoa! I remember a certain member (cough! DrMike/Scotty, cough!) generously offering to shoot my 300H&H for me....as a favor, mind you.

Nice rifle, Tico! Different, but it is cool!

Now, Tom, now. I was attempting to be somewhat reserved. The cold weather has slowed my generosity gene. Don't misunderstand! I'm perfectly willing to wring out the 240 Bee, but I was showing consideration. :grin: Again, Brian is such a considerate guy.

You're just going to let Scotty do the legwork to secure the rifle, then "assist," aren't you? lol

Very Nice!!!

I bet she will prove to be a shooter!

Additionally, I am honored you used my nickname for Weatherbies "Bee".

I started that as a abbreviation back in the 1990's and when I went on the forums it spread like nuts.

I hope Weatherby does not get mad at me fro re-naming their chamberings! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

tddeangelo":vxnsmhex said:
You're just going to let Scotty do the legwork to secure the rifle, then "assist," aren't you? lol

What gave me away? :shock:

Different. The work looks very professional, I hope it shoots well for you. I have Williams one piece bottom metal on my Model 70 Grade II. It is really nice. The VX6, 3-18x44 Leupold should be a good scope for that setup as well. Looking forward to seeing some groups. Maybe some better pics when you get your camera fixed?

Kevin does great work, and you'll be very happy with the results when you get it to the range. I can't wait to see the groups this one produces.

I think it looks great & there is little doubt that build is all business :wink:. I can not wait for a range report with photos I hope!!!

Blessings,
Dan

Very nice Tico! That rifle looks all business! Bet it is going to be a screamer too..

Back