Kimber or Sako

I love my Sako m75SS 300WM. Its shoots 180gr Accubonds. Its 10 years old now. My hunting buddy and I bought each one except I fluted mine. I was a 1-rifle kind of guy then, now I have a few more :grin:

Here is my Sako m75 300WM with custom fluting.
259fhgw.jpg

Here is a pic of a Sako m75 Greywolf 300WSM I just bought in mint condtion.
167qz2d.jpg

My Sako m75SS 243
2h2l5ja.jpg

I'm getting a 338-06AI built on a Sako m75 Greywolf with fluting & powder coating as we speak. Will look very close to the 300WSM I just bought-just personalized now.

Tikka's are great shooters too. I have 2 in the LS models in 270WSM - wife's and mine since she took over the first one.
21e47xy.jpg

24bjg38.jpg

As mentioned and a picture posted on a split barrel & receiver, Sako/Tikka had some bad stainless steel, but that was back in 2003/04 and all affected models had been replaced by Sako/Tikka.

Cant comment on the Kimbers but highly reccommend the Sakos.

big rifle man, i stand corrected. i have a kimber of oregon gov't surplus .22 target rifle which i love but haven't shot the new stuff- tragically, it's a bit out of my price range. all things equal, i prefer to buy american when i can.

but it's really hard to beat the tikkas, especially for the money.

I picked up a Kimber Longmaster Classic about 2 monts ago. It is a super gun and very accurate. Granted, it's not the 300 Win Mag (mine is a 223), but I've not encountered a problem and the craftsmanship is first rate.

bullet":k2ryzkp3 said:
yeah, somebody had the wrong load and that is not a Sako TRG. Yeah, give me the rifle I trust and that is why I shoot a Weatherby Mark V :grin:

That rifle that blew up is a Sako and Tikka's blew up too. The cause is defective steel and not the wrong cartridge. You are wrong on that.

A-overall_damage_jpg.jpg

Holy Mackrel, did that rifle fall apart!! I had a Sako 77 SS/Syn in 7mm rem no problems at all, accurate and dependable. Bought it used in 04, I sold it to pay for a honey moon. Sitll miss the rifle, but not regretts!!!

CC.

Back