Lake Nagagami Ontario (HornePayne)

mjcmichigan

Handloader
Dec 26, 2016
Recently back from our annual fly in. 8 guys this year. Had two newbies to flyin. I expect one will want to be back for sure…Roger had two personal bests while in camp.
30.25”Walleye and 36”Northern. Other new guy boated a 29” Walleye…and a bunch of other nice sized northerns… the big Northern got away at the side of the boat. Shook the hook and waved good by. Dirk one of our more experienced fisherman said it was past mid forties… so he was a little dejected and went to that same spot every day for a couple more tosses for it….its a huge weed bed that we burn spinners or spoons over… tons of pike over 30” in there…we grilled pike or walleye or both daily for lunch.. had smoked white fish as well… whitefish were feeding on mayflies… so they were in shallows<10ft.

Attachments

• IMG_3639.jpeg
    IMG_3639.jpeg
    434.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3624.jpeg
    IMG_3624.jpeg
    695.5 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_3600.jpeg
    IMG_3600.jpeg
    612.9 KB · Views: 16
Congrats on the fishing trip. Looks like you fellas had a great time and caught some nice fish!

JD338

Mostly jigs and minnows. A couple on crawler harnesses with bottom bouncers and Berkeley Flicker Shads run about 14-17’ deep(125’ of 10# braid)
Gotcha.
We did not take in any live bait last week, but are already discussing minnows for 2025. The group after us hammered them with minnows.

Been going to this lake about 20 years and the minnows rule in this lake. Going 2x next year. Guys trip in spring, couples in the late summer…my wife is my favorite fishing partner…

Back