Last years fawns

If they get into the flowers, well that will bring out the BB gun or the sling shot. :)
Liquid Fence is what my wife sprays her flowers with for deer repellent. Works but stinks to high heaven. Available at Lowes and Walmart. Spray about once a week. If you run out of BBs, :D Dan.

Some days we get 10 or 12 does coming through the pastures. The old ones seem to know not to eat the stuff that has been sprayed, young ones still have to try it. The bucks tend to show in the late summer as Catherine has been planting trees for 25 years. This used to be a treeless hay pasture. The bucks always seem to find something to shed their velvet on, typically killing a sapling. So far this spring I’ve turned 200 feet of 4 foot woven wire fence into 25 round cages to protect saplings. Damn deer are a pain in the ass.

Last edited:
Some days we get 10 or 12 does coming through the pastures. The old ones seem to know not to eat the stuff that has been sprayed, young ones still have to try it. The bucks tend to show in the late summer as Catherine has been planting trees for 25 years. This used to be a treeless hay pasture. The bucks always seem to find something to shed their velvet on, typically killing a sapling. So far this spring I’ve turned 200 feet of 4 foot woven wire fence into 25 round cages to protect saplings. Damn deer are a pain in the ass.
We had a problem with both mule deer and elk when we lived in Jasper. Plants had to be kept in wire mesh cages is you wished any to survive.

We don’t get elk on our property but rarely anymore. The two larger pieces we border were broke up into five and 10 acre lots, seems to be too much fence for the elk. They are near by, those pics I post are always from 1/4 to 1 1/2 miles from the house.

Back