Leica 1600 CRF

.300winmag

Handloader
Oct 17, 2011
Well, I finally got my Leica 1600 CRF in the mail today. I took it out behind the house and started ranging horses, rocks and trees with it and I have to say I am impressed. Ranges were within a yard of my other rangefinder which was encouraging; but the impressive part is when I started ranging juniper trees and rocks up on the mountain at 1,400 - 1,600 yards, and then I ranged a big flat rock at 1,927 yards. . . I couldn't believe how well this unit worked!!

I also compared the temperature and pressure outputs to my Kestrel and they were right there. The only thing I don't like about this rangefinder so far is in U.S. unit, the station pressure is given in PSI, so to get to inHG I have to multiply by 2.036.

But as of right now I am impressed with the unit and hope it continues to work as well as it is. I'll let everyone know how it works during hunting season. Does anybody out there have any opinions about this rangefinder?

It is a great rangefinder. I have no doubt that it will serve you well.

I have been using the 1200 for three years now and love it. Congratulations on your purchase. I think that it will prove to be a wise investment.

Glad to hear that you are so happy with you new purchase, Leica on top notch in my books.
I am hoping maybe a early Christmas gift, I will be hinting to my lovely wife and the rest of the family for the next while to see if it is going to happen :)

Blessings,
Dan

I have the same one and performance is right on track with what you described. I also was very impressed with the optics in the unit. There have been times I've used it as a monocular and left the binos in the truck because the leica is so clear, small & lightweight! My dad bought it for me as a gift and when I got it we were playing with it and ranging a juniper tree at 1727, and was really excited about the performance....and then realized it was ranging in meters and about fell out of my chair!

Back