Lets see your .264's

It is a classic, cool rig TB.. I am pretty amped to shoot this little 6.5, that's for sure!

6.5 WSM built on a Winchester action, and a 26" Brux 8 twist barrel (#4 contour). There is about 400 rounds down the barrel now. This shoots the 130 Scrirocco or 140 hunting VLD into nice small groups.

When I first got it:

Long distance p-dog shooting:

Elk hunt 2012:

Testing the limits with the 130 Scirocco:

There are a couple more in 6.5X55 in a Luxus and 6.5X47 Lapua being built on a pre-64 model 70 that will have to be posted another time.

Wow Faster than the 26 nosler! 3450 with a 130 gr?

I've backed off that load a bit now Fotis. It was a bit warm and an accuracy load was found with R25 that lopes along at about 3350.

This was shooting it with Scotty and Brian with 130 accubonds and MagPro.

I think some have seen this pic...Brian's buddy isn't getting ready to squeeze one off :lol:

tddeangelo":zmey6ums said:
I need to take better pics, but here's my 264. It now wears a 4-12x50bt Swaro z3. Jim, you need one of these..... :twisted:

null_zpscfd67af1.jpg

null_zps8aba6f96.jpg

Nice!!!

Fine looking rifle, Joel. It could quickly become a favourite, I imagine.

That 264WSM is a sweetheart of a cartridge. Very nice combo of speed and a danged handy rifle.

Joel don't you have a 10 shot bug hole with that rifle?

SJB358":39flwvyk said:
That 264WSM is a sweetheart of a cartridge. Very nice combo of speed and a danged handy rifle.

Joel don't you have a 10 shot bug hole with that rifle?

Yep...couldn't find it this morning and I am sitting in Florida soaking up sun and don't have access to some of my other pictures.

Wouldn't be complete without a representative of the 6.5 Rem Mag

Rebarrel of a 300 win mag with a 26" Douglas barrel, McMillan stock, Zeiss 4.5x14x44 RapidZ 800

DSCN1248.jpg

IMG_20141130_075256471_zpsd3cdf46b.jpg

130 gr Scirrocco II at 3175 fps really smacks em good

Woods, that's an awesome 6.5RM! Very nice. Great buck too.

That 130 Swift is trucking. Have you taken many animals with the Scirocco?

You've done a beautiful job with that rifle, Woods. It is most attractive; and it appears to deliver the goods. The 6.5 RM does seem to be a grossly underrated cartridge.

Here's my 264. It's a TC Icon Precision Hunter chambered for the 6.5 Creedmoor. It wears different glass now (Leica instead of the Zeiss shown) but is a nice rifle to carry and shoot. Logged quite a few miles with it this fall.
SANY0245-1.jpg

SJB358":3hugnaql said:
Woods, that's an awesome 6.5RM! Very nice. Great buck too.

That 130 Swift is trucking. Have you taken many animals with the Scirocco?

A handful of deer, several hogs, a couple of coyotes. Haven't trapped one of the SSII's yet, just small entry and 50 cent exit, but all dead right there

The 6.5 rem mag is a good option if you have a win mag action and want to rebarrel. It is a short action but typical mag lengths in the win mags allow you to seat those long 6.5 bullets way out there

HPIM1163.jpg

HPIM1160.jpg

Like a sexy little goth girl with that SSII :twisted:

DSCN1699.jpg

Ya'll seen this 6.5 Creedmoor before, but now it has its 6x24 pst sitting on top of it. ... Debating on threading the barrel for a suppressor that I have coming. Just can't picture it with a flash hider or thread protector on it.

Savage max 1
Mdt tac21 chassis
Timney trigger
Luth-ar MBA stock
Magpul moe grip
Vortex 6x24 pst
Vortex pmr rings.

When the city thaws out and I get my scope leveled there will be some better pics.

9e4416c47071d0fd06d15bdb39a5487a.jpg

Looks like I’m back in the 6.5mm fold. Not sure if this will stay 260 or turn into a 260 AI.

Beautiful rifles guys! My camera wigged out, hung up on video so its off to repair. Its just as well as my Mod 7 / Shilen bbl 6.5 Creedmoor isn't ready yet! I saw my first 6.5 Rem Mag in the used gun rack at LGS, a butt ugly 673 Guide Gun, space age barrel vent rib and all! I "considered it" until I researched availability of brass/ammo...put it right in there with the the .250 Savage, .284 Winchester, ad (Obama inspired) nauseum! ha. I have a childhood friend down in SE Texas who still uses a Remington 700 BDL in .264 Winmag. He only shoots it a bit during the year, but has/still does kill hogs/deer every year with it. He never complains about its 24" barrel. Seems to me a 26-27" tube would be sweet!

Back