Leupold Mark 4 : 6,5-20X50 LR/T VS. 4,5-14X50 LR/T

Bluejay

Beginner
Apr 6, 2006
I am getting interested in these two models, with Illuminated TMR, for long range shooting and occasionally to be taken hunting.

Which one would you suggest between the two, and why ?

I am just concerned that the biggest one might be too much for the purpose.....

Thank you for your valuable comments.

Cheers
:mrgreen:

Hi Bluejay,

I use a 6.5-20x40LR with a fine duplex & M1 knobs on my 7mmRM and find that power range to be just perfect for the 300-700 yard range. Beyond 700, I want more power. For general shooting out to 50-400yds, the 4.5-14 power range would be my choice..

I have an illuminated reticle on my Nightforce, but thats a target rig & have not yet needed to use it. But there have been several times I wish I had an illuminated reticle for shooting yotes.

Regarding the TMR, look for Desert Fox, he has experience with that setup....

Rod

More info needed. What caliber? game? range? etc. For all big game applications at normal (plus) ranges the 14 has worked great for me.

POP, I am with You that 14X would cut it for Game hunting at long range (and beyond...).

I have intention on buying a rifle to be mainly set for long range shooting/tactical (500 m. and possibly 1000 m.) and I was thinking of a good ol' .308 Win.
I am looking for a accurate and fan caliber that would allow long shooting session and would be mild on barrel wear as well...
For that purpose (target) I was considering a more powerful scope...
Hunting would be "confined" to a second scenario, with the rifle to be taken only when very long shots might be necessary.
Game would be Chamois, Roe deer and rare (but possible) Red Stag.

Do You guys know whether Leupold offers Mil regulations on turrets (.5 or .1 Mils) ?
I know they have "Metric" scopes but I do not exactly know how it works...

Thanks
BJ

Back