Leupold VX-1 vs Rifleman?????????

FOTIS":205x6f32 said:
Any differences?
Don't mean to step on the toes of any Leupy fans but... I believe one is trash and the other is junk.

I'm not sure if the VX-1 has 1/4" click adjustments or not, but last time I looked (which was a few years back) the rifleman had 1/2" click adjustments. I'm sure there are some other differences, but either way, I don't care for the pricing of either one. There's plenty of better options at an equal or lower price.

Fair enough.....

Hey opinions vary, nothing wrong with that. :p

FOTIS":p502rdg2 said:
Fair enough.....

Hey opinions vary, nothing wrong with that. :p
Indeed. Are you in the market or just thinking out loud? I just recall shopping for my first non-trachco/simmons/barfka scope and compared the rifleman to the Nikon PS. I thought the Nikon outdid the Rifleman in just about every way... including price. And currently there are some great options on the market.

And for the record, I like Leupold just fine, I just find them generally overpriced compared to the competition, IMO. A fella who I work with has a family member who heads up packaging for Leupy. He was kind enough to hook me up with the FX-II and Alumina caps for my Striker. At retail or market price, I woulda passed, but at employee pricing it was hard to pass on. I actually got to shoot it for the first time with the scope today (yesterday, I guess) and although the FOV is a bit small, it performed quite well.

I inherited a 4x12x40mm Leupold rifleman scope. I have the same one on my Savage 223 walking varminter and it has served me well.
Just trying to figure out what to do with this one.

FOTIS":3jipdueq said:
I inherited a 4x12x40mm Leupold rifleman scope. I have the same one on my Savage 223 walking varminter and it has served me well.
Just trying to figure out what to do with this one.
Sell it on eBay! I bought a Vanguard VGL in 270Win this last year that had a Vari-X IIc 3-9 on it. I saw they were commanding a fair amount so I pulled it, threw it on eBay and got 210+ for it. I used that and a few extra bucks to fund a Minox from CLNY. Just a thought.... :grin:

Back