llama

JDMAG

Handloader
Aug 15, 2006
I have a llama 1911 .45 ACP. It seems to be a good gun and does not jam unless it gets extremely dirty from fireing. Why can you not buy these in the U.S. any more?
It seems to be a great gun for the price I paid several years ago, $250.00 new.It shoots as good as a friend's Kimber, but does not jam nearly as much.
Does anyone have any input on this pistol?
JDMAG

No info on the llama but I am a bit suprised your friends Kimber is having jamming problems.

My buddy has a llama .45 and though he has many pistolas, the llama is is favorite and is quite accurate and trouble free. I think they are a great gun from what i have seen.

old #7":1a39s75v said:
No info on the llama but I am a bit suprised your friends Kimber is having jamming problems.
I dont know what his cleaning practices are, but I think the main differences are in the tolerances built into the Kimber. When he bought his, I think it was suggested that he fire somewhere around 3000 rounds to break it in.
My Llama doesn't have that problem.

I had a LLama I believe it was the X-1 in 45 ACP. It was OK but nothing great. It didn't jam but was kind of loose fitting. They made several upper end models late in their run but just couldn't get past the mediocre fit and accuracy reputation. I wish they would have made a 10 mm I would have bought one. Good camp gun.
Greg

I think the whole Llama affair was a little hit or miss. I have heard from owners both positive and negative results. Most were positive comments though.

JDMAG":1uidym2u said:
old #7":1uidym2u said:
I dont know what his cleaning practices are, but I think the main differences are in the tolerances built into the Kimber. When he bought his, I think it was suggested that he fire somewhere around 3000 rounds to break it in.
My Llama doesn't have that problem.

If your friend hand loads for his kimber he may want to check his coal to help with the jamming problem.
I would agree that the Kimber is tight and needs to be broke in.

Back