Looking for a 257 Roberts.... I found one!

^^^^^Available for adoption or can be rented out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^^^^Available for adoption or can be rented out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Remington 700 Classic in 257 Roberts, long action with a 24" barrel.
Super accurate and she gives up very little to the 25-06.

JD338

Bruce Mc":3famyvzs said:
That rifle tabbed by taylorforce is a long action model 700. I have the same rifle only it ain't near new in the box. It is a great rifle and I can't recommend any rifle over it. It is by far my favorite rifle and has been deadly reliable for 34 years.

My first Classic was also a Roberts, got it back in '82. It has been long gone but it set me on a course that has ended with them being my favorite Remington to hunt with. I also like that Mod 70 FWT classic. Either one can still be found in .257 Roberts with some looking and, unfortunately, some moolah! If its recoil, load her up some 110 Barnes in that .270...very nice shooters. Any good gunsmith can do a nice job of shortening a stock and make it look really nice for her, when you di find her a Roberts. Now, I "tried" a Ruger Hawkeye in 257 Roberts several years ago. It was a nice rifle, not a great shooter, and not that "lively" in my hands. ( I'm a big guy too). On the other hand, my Hawkeye SS in 338 Fed is a sweetheart! I feel a 6.5 Creedmoor is another good option for her, a "modern" Roberts if you would, and its made for a short action. Good luck to you Pard.

Cabelas Gun Library..
Ruger #1, 257 Roberts
Stock was cut to 12.5 LOP, just perfect for my wife.
26 inch barrel.. now just need to find her some optics..
Thinking a Nikon Protaff 3-9x40 BDC..
Merry Christmas to all
Ed

Attachments

• Ruger #1.jpg
    Ruger #1.jpg
    865 KB · Views: 1,628
If that #1B in .257 Bob is anything like mine, you can expect nice tiny groups. Mine runs in the .50" range when I do my part.
Paul B.

Well done. She'll like the 1B. I have one in 243. I had to free float the barrel, but now it shoots very well.

I have a Nikon buckmasters 2 3-9x40 with BDC reticle and a Prostaff 3-9x40 with duplex. After getting used to BDC reticles, I wouldn't buy a scope without one. Check out Natchez shooter supplies for great prices on reconditioned Nikon scopes. Merry Christmas.

Back