Lube

Smithc

Beginner
Sep 28, 2019
So I watched a video tonight and the guy (very reputable) put lube on the inside of the neck to resize I’ve never done this How would you clean it out so the biller sits in there as it should?

Corey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyone is different and you might get several different answers, but I personally use Imperial sizing wax and I apply a thin film to the inside of the case neck with a q-tip. After Ive sized all my brass, I just tumble again and it takes all the case wax away from the inside of my case necks.

You might ask why even bother, but having that extra little bit of lube on the inside of the case neck can help prevent stretching the brass in certain cartridges. Ken Waters recommended it for both the 7x57 and the 8x57 in his Pet Loads book and I just do it to everything Im sizing. Again, its all about personal opinions and what works for each person.

I have used the imperial sizing wax for years, it has worked well for me. I do not lubricate the inside of every case. I take a trace on my finger and run it across the mouth, of about every third case. I have never had any problems. I just load them and fire them.

I’ve never really done it because I was not sure how to get it out but you answered that question for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dip.the cases in graphite before sizing them. Reduces the pull on the lever...

Gesendet von meinem HUAWEI VNS-L31 mit Tapatalk

I've lubed the inside of the case necks since I learned how to reload as teen 40 years ago.

The old way was that thick clear RCBS jelly stuff you rolled onto a sort of ink pad to coat the outside of the case & then use a nylon bore brush to apply some to the inside of the case neck. Now all I use is Hornady OneShot Case Lube which works great for me.

Like others I resize/decap, trim & then clean/tumble the cases again.

If my dies are hard on the neck size, I lube with imperial wax then tumble the brass again to get a consistent seat on the bullet.

I’ve also tried the graphite. It works great, but it’s a little messy on the work surface.

Also tumble again if I use graphite.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I use a smear of Hornady Unique or Imperial in the case mouth using a cotton bud then, after sizing run a bronze bore brush through the case necks to clean the inside so that propellant flows easily into the case.
Simple & effective.

I use RCBS Spray lube and try to get some in the case necks on at least some of them. I toss them into my tumbler(treated corn cob) with a cut up dryer sheet for a shot time after sizing to remove the lube inside and on the outside of the brass.

I always lube inside of the case necks and always have, unless I happen to be neck sizing only with a Lee collet die.

I have a small brush shaped like a bottle brush that I give a quick drag across lubed cases then run it in the case neck to give it a light lube.

Back