MagnetoSpeed

[/quote]

I have pitting in my bayonet as well. I do wonder how long it will last, though it's not like I use it that often. A couple of muzzle brakes probably have not helped.[/quote]

That is a bummer Dr., but I suppose it would raise the price significantly if they used a material that could shrug off that kind of repeated beating. It's a good idea to keep the 'ol chrony around eh? :)

Here are some targets that document POI shift on thinner barrels. 22-250 and 25-06 calibers.

22-250:

IMG_8894.jpg

25-06: Magnetospeed is the dot on the right. Bad velocity estimate/adjustment = bad load.

IMG_8891.jpg

Purchased the third generation as a Christmas present for myself. From the limited data I have collected over the years it appears to be very accurate. The ease of use is remarkable. Thirty seconds to set up. My circumstance is unique, but I can re-load five rounds, step out on the back porch, collect my data, shooting at my steel and step back inside. I have not tested it to see how it affects accuracy yet. Certainly doesn't keep me from hitting steel.

For it's accuracy and ease of use I'm willing to give up rifle accuracy and test rifle accuracy and speed separately.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Vince":23cdr5gq said:
For it's accuracy and ease of use I'm willing to give up rifle accuracy and test rifle accuracy and speed separately.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Same here, I just want the data and ease of use. I am tired of lugging all of the other crap associated with a chrono to the range. Being able to strap it on and then shoot for speeds is real nice in my book. Plus, I can always use it, even if the darned lighting isn't "just right".

Back