Making head way

DrMike":1nqyuk1q said:
That certainly appears to be a substantial bench that'll serve you well. Excellent to see the progress.
It sure is. I'm sure I could put my super duty on it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

mjcmichigan":32uuzeyp said:
I like the plywood over drywall. Good move!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sure would have been cheaper doing drywall

Had a little hiccup in my progress. Sure looks good sitting on my bench though. Tikka t3x lite 7mm08[emoji846]
67c8fb9c9cb00f4b141c58654275b88b.jpg
43691054c4ef5d9ff8b0084cb44eec77.jpg

The Tikka is a fine rifle, and that will be a great cartridge that'll do about anything you require it to do.

I've been looking for one for awhile now. Came across this one and scooped it up. My other rifle is a browning blr 81 in 7mm08. I really like the cartridge and I have everything to reload for it already.

The BLR is a fine rifle. I've owned several, all chambered in .358 Win. I worked up loads in quite a few others over the years. All shot well and were easy to carry in the field. The quality of your Tikka will ensure years of success afield and at the bench. The cartridge is seriously underrated in my estimate.

DrMike":1ysr9k0c said:
The BLR is a fine rifle. I've owned several, all chambered in .358 Win. I worked up loads in quite a few others over the years. All shot well and were easy to carry in the field. The quality of your Tikka will ensure years of success afield and at the bench. The cartridge is seriously underrated in my estimate.
Maybe under rated but I've had a hard time finding components to reload. I truly enjoy shooting my BLR. Its a bit heavy. It's a 1981 so it's still steal not aluminum like the newer ones. Killed a good bit of deer with it also. Only had one get away and not found before the damn yotes had a party with it. Of course it was my biggest buck I've ever shot. I could not find where I had hit it after the yotes devoured it. I'll guess it was not the arrow it was the Indian. Every other deer was dropped or 50 yards tops

ronc80":s1fa4dne said:
I've been looking for one for awhile now. Came across this one and scooped it up. My other rifle is a browning blr 81 in 7mm08. I really like the cartridge and I have everything to reload for it already.

The BLR in 7-08 is one of the rifles I am always looking for! Love that little cartridge.

Your reloading room is coming along great! Looks good!

DrMike":1m3qja30 said:

Couldn't agree more. I have nothing but bench time with several 7-08's and was impressed with the accuracy and lack of recoil. However several people I load for relay the distance of kills made with those loads, and how far animals traveled after, and I've been quite impressed.

It's quite an easy going cartridge that seems to punch way above it's seemingly mild power level.

Make a couple drawers fill some nail holes and a final sand and it is finally ready for paint. Hoping I can at least spray some primer this weekend
a36077741f657f49e19d7266845704e6.jpg
f26e3d1d7663c003df941647f50b359e.jpg

Back