MARLIN 39-A

I wouldn't consider that pricey just yet, Fotis. It does look to be in great shape.

Did not think they went for that much.

In that condition, they would easily fetch that much up here. I'm somewhat cautious about assigning value as prices between Canada and the US can be similar on more common rifles, and wildly erratic when comparing certain rifles. For instance, Model 94s are relatively cheap in Atlantic Canada as they are more commonly used. Those same rifles, especially if they are the Big Bores, can bring almost double the price in western Canada as they are more rare here. So, for a Winchester 9422 or a Marlin 39A, yeah $600 to $800 wouldn't be unheard of in this neck of the woods. That one looks particularly nice. I am a little surprised that there aren't more bids on it. Would I pay that much? I just might spring for one in that shape.

I think that this rifle is a little pricey for this model but it is in excellent condition and that adds a premium to it. Around here used ones are about $500 for a decent one in used condition.

I can not find a decent shaped 39 with a 500 dollar tag. 600? no problem......

That said I did find a 99% 572 BDL with an era 22 scope (3-8 with rail) for 400.00

Tough call

My absolute favorite rifle, the Marlin 39A. Yes, I like it more than my "Green Machine" and more than my "Meat in the Freezer" .25-06 700 CDL.

IMG_1098.jpg

IMG_3934.jpg

Accurate. Reliable. And it just plain feels good in hand! Treat yourself. A good .22 rimfire is something needed by every rifleman!

Guy

How do you feel about the Henry rifles, Fotis? I know several people with them and they are quite happy. They are quite a bit cheaper than the 39A.

Do not know much about them to be honest.

You can get the Henry's around here for $299. They are quite well finished and look nice, plus being American made. I have never shot one though.

Oldtrader3":1tnmh98z said:
You can get the Hanry's around here for $299. They are quite well finished and look nice, plus being American made. I have never shot one though.

I think if I was getting a little 22, that would be the one I want. All I have seen and shot so far have been very nice little rifles.

Just a suggestion on Marlin 39's. Try to get an old one if you can without that devil's invention, the rebounding hammer. The newer rifles also use a different carrier which is more subject to mechanical problems. The older style 39's are smooth as glass, whereas the new 39's are gritty when operated.

I saw Henry mentioned. I picked up a Henry H001 a couple years back. I only went with the Henry because I simply couldn't swing the price for something along the lines of the 39-A. I don't regret it at all. It is a well built rifle (and US made as Charlie pointed out), finished quite decently for the price, functions flawlessly (thus far after about 1500-200 rounds), is as or more accurate as I'd expect for like priced RFs, and most of all is just a fun gun to plink with. It is one of my favorites in my safe. I think that stems mainly from it being a lever RF. I'd likely be just as happy with about any other lever 22. Just don't overlook the Henry!

I will look into the henrys for sure.

Like to get more input on accuracy....

Back