Marlin XL/XS-7's are history

Horsethief":2cn96lnh said:
I had one in 270 Win. It took about 50-60 rounds to get the loads right, but after that I could feed it 130gn Ballistic Tips, Game Pros, and 140gn Interlocks all day long. For the price of it, I have no complaints. Big Green doesn't want competition for the 783? Hummmm. Seems like the 783 is the one lacking behind the XL7, Weatherby Vanguard, Ruger American, and now Winchester's entry in the entry level rifle arena. My 270 would make 1/2 inch groups from a bipod at 200 yards with H-414 and the 130gn Ballistic Tips.

Don't get too excited over the new Winchester "economy model." I handled one yesterday at the Great American Outdoor Show here in PA. Wow....I'm not sure I've ever handled a rougher action or more clunky and awkward feeling rifle. That includes the 91/30 Mosin I owned for a hot second.

The Winchester rep I talked to had as much personality as a towel soaked in ice water, and he would only tell me it was made "for those people who don't have a lot of money." Ugh.

I am also sad to hear the Marlin bolt guns are history. Were they ever made as lefties?

gerry":1za87kkf said:
Probably not many were buying it and that's all no conspiracies. I believe most other budget guns have a detachable magazine and that seems to be a big selling feature these days.

People like being able to hop out of the pick em up truck, slap a magazine in, and start blasting... :mrgreen:

Guy

Guy Miner":r9qdqf5v said:
gerry":r9qdqf5v said:
Probably not many were buying it and that's all no conspiracies. I believe most other budget guns have a detachable magazine and that seems to be a big selling feature these days.

People like being able to hop out of the pick em up truck, slap a magazine in, and start blasting... :mrgreen:

Guy

I thought that was what the AR's were for :lol: :mrgreen:

Why do I want a 30-06 in one before they are gone?

$230.00 new in box at Gunbroker :mrgreen:

FOTIS":24f5crao said:
Why do I want a 30-06 in one before they are gone?

$230.00 new in box at Gunbroker :mrgreen:

Id take a 7-08! Just for grins!!!

That'd make a fun rifle for sure. Be a perfect knock around sorta rifle.

I believe they were pillar bedded as well.

Haven't ever heard of one that didn't shoot real well.

They are a gem of a rifle. Perfect back up or loaner gun. Alos prime candidate for duracoating/ceracoating/hydrodipping

A friend got one of the last in 7mm08. Love my 223, under 1" right out of the box.

Back