Mild winter up this way.

super-7

Handloader
Jun 27, 2009
This has likley been one if the mildest winters I can ever remember. The deer herds really needed one like this for our area . With the CWD cull coupled with a real brutal winter kill in both 2010&2011 , this should help.

Found a content herd of 20 or so Muleys , one buck peaked my interest and I will be looking for his sheds.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456597881.470272.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1456597902.376773.jpg

Keep in mind I'm on a hill 1200 yrds or better, aprox 3/4 of a mile. 10x40 Nikon binos and a crappy I phone so sorry for pic quality.

It is close enough to see a good spread. I agree that this has been a mild winter for us as well. The problem is going to be the snow pack and the potential for fire come summer in our AO. However, the mule deer did need a break.

Our winter has been incredibly mild. We've only been below zero a handful of days and most of the winter has been in the 20s F.

I'm used to it not breaking positive numbers for a couple months at a time. It has certainly been an easy year on everything.

It's really sucked! I get used to driving on nice dry -20 degree roads. Instead I get heavy wet snow, slush, and freezing rain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the way things were going in the fall I thought we were going to be in for a long hard winter , but it's been just the opposite . it's been a very mild winter .

Back