Military discount/Vortex

Dwh7271

Handloader
Nov 18, 2013
Hi all;
Came across this elsewhere and thought it might work for those of you eligible.(no financial interest, btw)
Enjoy!

Thanks so much for reaching out to us.

We do have a discount program for veterans. I would be happy to get you set up if you could supply me with the DD214. I will explain the details when we get your status confirmed.

Thanks so much for your service, it is greatly appreciate by all of us here at Vortex.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

All the best,
Travis Boran
Consumer Sales Associate
Vortex Optics
1-800-426-0048 Ext. 402
www.vortexoptics.com

DD214 has a lotta stuff on them that he would really not need to have? I would think a copy of your Military ID DD Form 2 should work? So what kinda discount is he speaking 5? 10? What kinda % ?

Don't know exactly.
Was told it's substantial.
Heck, call him.
Every dealing I've had with them has been good.

That would be good as anything is a big help and it's nice when Retailers recognize a Veteran and appreciate the info ! Lotta folks just walk in and pay full prices which is around 33% mark up so even 10% on a large purchase is substantial ! Great info Dewey !

You're welcome Terry!
I would have had the exact info for you but I do not qualify. :cry:
It would be interesting to know what their deal is for the guys here that qualify. Might save some bucks on good stuff.

Just talked with the fellow Dewey and man that is a huge deal and he said once they confirm thru Military ID or DD214 that the deal is 35% off MSRP on their website! I have not been on it to look at MSRP but a lotta people like Vortex Optics and me I am always looking for a deal so thanks for the heads up !

The fellow Dewey mentioned seemed a pleasure to talk with and surely he would be ok with just about anything he was sent and 35% is a great discount! He did not even mention The 214 but did mention DD F2 which is no issue for me! Kinda makes me wanta look at some Vortex optics!

Terry,
Glad it worked for you.
Might find something to fit those Weatherby rifles, :grin:
Enjoy!

You guys know me and I am looking for a light weight 22 optic to set atop my MRI 22 and it has a nice Nikon but it is kinda heavy as the rifle alone is only 4.5 lbs max! Also need a shotgun optic but I feel ok with open sights out to 200 as long as I get enough practice with it! M1 Super 90 Slugger! I am not a Vortex guy but I do need a spotter scope that I might look into!

If you are my age, all that you have is a DD214. Just blackout and information that they don't need.

BTW SPS has a10% discount for vets as well.

joelkdouglas":1st1vgzn said:
McMillan stocks gives a roughly 20% discount for active duty.

Yeah, that is very nice! I am looking forward to seeing mine that has been on order since Jan.

Thanks. This thread has made me cry TWICE now that I am thinking about how much I could have saved if I had known about the discount... Thanks. sniffle.

I just ordered a Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP with EBR-1 MOA reticle today. It was a substantial discount. The scope was in stock and shipped immediately. Vortex is a top notch company in my eyes. I'll let you know what I think of the scope when it arrives.

Back