Minos MD62 Spotting scope

Sponxx

Beginner
Aug 14, 2011
With the Fall sale at Cameraland I feel tempted to buy!
Anyone has used or seen this scope? I am trying to convince myself that I need a spotting scope for my range sessions. Though I wont shoot groups past 2-300yds I will likely used it for working up loads at 200yds or so (the 100yd range has crappy spotters on it, and my riflescope shows the hits better).
It will be 7mm holes at 200yd for now, maybe a ladder test at 300yd every now and then. No need for backpacking abilities or long hikes.

How does it compare to other scopes in its price range ($350 !!!) (Vortex, Nikon, Pentax) and with the smaller MD50? both non ED/HD versions. I also assume that at the same price a "cheaper" scope with bigger objective will not be more useful for my purposes, right?
Thanks!

Sponx, don't have their spotting scope but I have their binos and scopes and would not hesitate one second from getting a spotting scope. They are great glass and really great glass for the money. Scotty

Scotty, thanks for the info... though my wallet will not say the same!
I did read some of your comments about your son's binos being perceived as better than your Zeiss!
I am seriously considering it as a great bargain for the price, though I might not need to spend as much for my purpose I know I will keep thinking that I should have jumped on the Minox if I get anything less quality (even it works fone for me)

Your welcome. I don't think you will be disapointed with it. So far, two scopes and a set of binos have been nothing but awesome. They are making steady in roads into my safe. If I was looking to buy a spotting scope today, the Minox would be #1 on my list, hands down! Scotty

Back