Montana Elk Guide??

Thanks for the link Guy. I'm going to wait on NM for when I retire. I need to stick a little closer to WI due to work and travel times.

Thanks for the link Guy. I'm going to wait on NM for when I retire. I need to stick a little closer to WI due to work and travel times.
Since NM is a random draw state, and the odds are so low (2-8%), you're better off putting in every year, and go when you get drawn. Do other states such as CO where you can go yearly, or WY where you can draw a general tag every 3-4 years.

I live in MI and have driven to MT, WY, NM and CO for hunts. They aren't that much different in distance. It's further to Gardiner, MT where I have gone twice than to Albuquerque NM.

The only "close" hunts for you are eastern MT or eastern WY, though not a lot of outfitters there.
Check out this one at the WY/SD border:
My business partner uses him every year. His elk hunts have a 3-4 year waiting list.

Here is my partner's elk from their website. His brother's is the one before it when scrolling:

elk30.jpg

Does anyone have an outfitter for elk in Montana that they would recommend? Thanks
Mate, you don't need an outfitter, I have done 4 visits, self guided all the way from the UK, downed 2 Bull Elk and lots of deer.
Get fit and do lots of planning.
Either way best of luck

Back