moose hunt

barthowes

Beginner
Feb 20, 2010
well I did it I got my moose. 475# cow. 100yrd double lung shot from my knee. 30-06 w/ 168gr Barnes TTSX. Quarter sized exit hole.
dscn0077j.jpg

Congratulations! Great meat for the freezer. The '06 bits again.

I have only ate moose once and it was great. Some day I hope to get one.

Well done.

barthowes

Congratulations on your moose. Nicely done!

JD338

congratulations on a great moose and a great shot. That 30-06 sure is something special isn't it! :!: She will be awesome eating. I would appreciate some advise on how to draw a tag as it has been 33 years for me of applying every year here in Montana for a moose, sheep, and mountaing goat without any luck. Speaking of goats, did you all hear that a mountain goat gored a hiker in Washington state a few days ago and killed the poor fellow. I guess he was very aggressive and had been with people previously. That happens in parks and locations where certain animals are not hunted any longer and they lose their fear of man. Great job! 8)

YUM!!! Congrats, my favorite meat of all wild game. It is always nice when you can hang an animal that size on a meat pole in one piece. Usually means there wasn't too many mountains to cross or rivers/lakes to work around :grin:

Great moose. It is my favorite meat, with a close 2nd going to elk! Glad you were able to get in on one. Good shooting. Scotty

Congrats on the moose. It sounds like the Barnes expanded well. Did she go very fare or DRT thing.

unfortunately she still ran 100yds. A 168 .308 TTSX will only expand so far,leaving the exit hole only quarter sized. but if I needed to shoot shoulder to stop her I was more than confident with this load to go thru both shoulders. That is the only reason I use barnes. I love the performance of Nos BT but most are snap shot here in theVT woods and I like the assurance of have a bullet the will keep breaking bones

Back