most popular bullet

700 bdl

Beginner
Dec 12, 2004
In the last two days I've been to three gunshops. I finally found two boxes of 7mm 140 gr. accubonds at the last one. Grice gun shop did'nt even have any. All of the shops say they sell more 7mm 140's than anything else. I would have thought they would sell more 30 cal. 180's.

Probably depends on geographic area and species in your area, etc. I would think lower cal/grain bullets proabably sell better in whitetail country vs say elk country? Who knows. Still, the 7mm is one of the most popular guns of all time, behind the good ol' 30-06. Just curious, where you from? I'm out here in the Rockies and everyone loves their 30 cal rifles for Elk. I'm partial to the 7mm myself, but never have trouble finding anything nor do I for the 30 cals (I reload for my dad 300 Win Mag).

I have run into the same problem here in Portland. Wanted some 7mm 140's for my .280. I will end up ordering them online from either Midway or Shooters supply over in Bend. Not going to have time to get them and work up loads with them before I leave for Montana but I am looking forward to shooting them. The 180's shoot great in my .300 WBY

I should have said most popular regionally. I'm in whitetail country in Pa. Lots of 7mm's and 30's here. The 270 has been my favorite for years, but this new 7saum sure has been fun to work with.

"I will end up ordering them online from either Midway or Shooters supply over in Bend"

You might want to check out the Nosler "seconds" page.....fantastic deals on bullets with only slight cosmetic imperfections.

Blaine

Back