with the lead up to Movember I thought I'd post this . maybe it will twist an arm or two into getting checked . My Dad died from prostate cancer 10/11/18 . three years later , about to the day , I got a call from my DR saying he made me an appointment with a urologist due to a high PSA number . a couple days before Thanksgiving it was confirmed , I had cancer . my PSA was always running on the high side . it was usually 4.5 - 4.9 . that blood test it was 9. ? . so it doubled in a year . I was lucky ,that it was caught in time . early detection is the best way to beat cancer . I just did a blood test this past Saturday , I'll have the results in about a week or so . the local Kiwanis club sponsors this yearly blood screening . it's very reasonably priced . for $65 , they test , I THINK , 48 things . add the PSA test for additional $20 . add A1C for $10 . add thyroid for $10 . I think these prices are correct . my PSA test for my urologist was between $750 and $800 . starting this year , my urologist will accept this other blood test , I just have a copy sent to him , so he can monitor . so there is cheaper ways to watch this .if , or when something happens , then you have to do what the DR orders . there were two informative video's in my morning feed yesterday , I thought I'd post here . do your loved ones a favor and start getting tested . I keep trying to get my son to start monitoring his PSA . He's 36 years old and this would be a good baseline to compare to , in future years . being his Grandfather died from it , and me , his Dad had it , I thought he would be wanting to start to watch his , NOPE . if anyone wants to talk , we can talk on the open forum , or by PM's , or PM me your phone # and I'll call you . this conversation goes no further than me . cancer is a very ugly disease . I'm thankful , everyday .



