Moving Scopes

BK

Handloader
Dec 14, 2008
I was just reading the Marlin 35 Remington about Fotis' new rifle, and Scotty said something that piqued my interest... he's going to move a scope from one rifle to another (and has done it before). How many move scopes around? I pretty much leave the scope I initially mount on the rifle forever.

I don't typically do it, but I do have to move some scopes till I find the one I like. I want something different on the 1895, so instead of trying to sell it, I will just move it to the Marlin. The rails I use now make it TOO easy to swap scopes. It is almost cheating!

As I pick up new scopes for a particular rifle, the scope that previously graced it may be moved to another rifle. It happens occasionally.

I'm terrible at this. I do it all the time. I think I'm actually at a point now that things will be staying where they are for the most part. I certainly won't put any guarantees on that though.

I move them around as I upgrade. I just bought a new Viper 2-7x32 which was used in the field this year on a M70 FWT 257R, Win '94 in 32WS and finally its intended location atop my Encore 50x209 M/L barrel.

My Bro-in Law pitched in to get a Weaver T-24 for range work and it has graced over two dozen rifles. It was left behind at the range two years ago and no one from the club owned up to finding it. :(

I do it---imagine that---- but these are my best friends on my Bees!!!!!!!!!!!!!

l_749004796_1.jpg

Fotis,

Who makes those rings and bases?

And I'm assuming you can put scope "A" right back on rifle "a" and your zero is exact?

I'm going to start putting these type of mounts on my rifles and I'm not sure I am wild about the leupold mounts. I love the leupold/redfield/burris type mount but the QRW seems a bit bulky and heavy to me paired up with the same company mount.

I am going to guess they Leupold QRW's and QR bases. I run either the Weaver, EGW or Warne rails on my rifles and will not change. I kinda like the PRW's as well.. They are very repeatable and easily changed out. They give you a huge amount of adjustability as well. I have pretty much swapped everything over to the system. Not so much for scope swapping, but for strength and repeatability.

SJB358":f3l01fp8 said:
I am going to guess they Leupold QRW's and QR bases. I run either the Weaver, EGW or Warne rails on my rifles and will not change. I kinda like the PRW's as well.. They are very repeatable and easily changed out. They give you a huge amount of adjustability as well. I have pretty much swapped everything over to the system. Not so much for scope swapping, but for strength and repeatability.

There is no way they are Leupold. Way too thin and sleek looking.

Could they be Warne? I used to sell Warne and something tells me they are.
I think they are Warne.

I am pretty sure they are Leupold's as my Warne's QRW are vertically split.

DSC03387.jpg

Like this.

DSC_0165.jpg

Back