My 30-06 was a real performer today.

Tbaistian, I's shoot that same load (different primers) in at least 4 different 06's with no problems. Primers might be a little flat, but that's about it. Of course I never START with that load :eek:
And although our results have been good, I don't think they have ever been quite as good as bullets.

TBASTIAN":1ebcn6yw said:
Great shooting Bullet! Are you showing any pressure signs with the 59.0 grain load of IMR 4350? The Sierra book lists 56.0 as the max. I've been shooting the Sierra GameKing over 54.3 grains of IMR 4350, with great results...shooting right at 1/2" at 100 yards, from my Browning A-Bolt Stainless Stalker.
I have a box of the Sierra 165 HPBT's that I'd like to work up a load for, after seeing your results. Thanks for sharing.
-TB

My load with Sierra for the 165gr is 60grs with IMR4350 and you need to work up to it, my Mark V Custom is not showing any signs at all. The 59gr load is with H4350 and it is not showing any signs at all period. Make sure you use Sierra's OAL for your loads. If you use IMR4350 or H4350 just start a little below Sierra's max and work up. You will find accuracy and velocity before you reach pressures.

Back