My daughter had a good day!

Great job/shooting for her! Be sure and tell her that out here in Utah, the .300 Savage is still killing elk like crazy! The majority of old Savage 99s are in .300 Savage. As the old timers have died off, so the newer guys/cartridges have taken it s place. Most common you see are .270, 7 RemMag and '06, with a smattering of 300 mags. I'd load up some 130gr Barnes TTSX for her and she can keep practicing with her 125 Noslers. OR no flies on the 150 Partition either!

preacher":2pzlgps4 said:
Great job/shooting for her! Be sure and tell her that out here in Utah, the .300 Savage is still killing elk like crazy! The majority of old Savage 99s are in .300 Savage. As the old timers have died off, so the newer guys/cartridges have taken it s place. Most common you see are .270, 7 RemMag and '06, with a smattering of 300 mags. I'd load up some 130gr Barnes TTSX for her and she can keep practicing with her 125 Noslers. OR no flies on the 150 Partition either!

The Barnes TSX/TTSX in 130 are on my short list of bullets to try in that rifle for her when I get set up to reload again.

Awesome!, congrats to you both. It's good to see the young generation involved in hunting and the great outdoors.

Hey taylorce1- Doubletap website shows they load the 150 TTSX in that 300 Savage at 2600 or so. It should be an easy round to shoot, and kill everything in the mountains! Jim

Back