My m1 Garand

wisconsinteacher

Handloader
Dec 2, 2010
100_4022_zps6ad24d67.jpg

100_4021_zps06ac43b1.jpg

100_4019_zpsb7433cfb.jpg

100_4018_zps27180bc5.jpg

Well here are a few pictures of my m1. Guns are hard to take pictures of and the bears on the bed are not mine. When I asked my wife to marry me, I joked around and said, "you got a ring what do I get?" 2 weeks later a guy posted 3 m1's and he lived 5 blocks away. Long story short, I get the best out of the 3 for a very good price. Here are the numbers that I could find. I know some are close but I do not know the date they were made. I do not have the number book.

Reveiver 745xxx=July 1942
Barrel S-A-7-42
Trigger Group D28290-7-SA
Oprod L35382 3 SA
Bolt Assembly D28287-19SA A-9
Mag well D28291-17
Charge handle L

As you can see some of the numbers are very close to each other. I would like to find the year they were made. I would also like to find a 1942 stock to replace the birch stock.

That does look nice. Good for your wife! You did very well on several fronts.

Great rifle!

That thing is CLEAN! Good looking stock - did you finish it? Very nice.

Regards, Guy

The stock is how I got it. I have not done a thing to the rifle other than clean it and shoot it.

Great looking Grand. Don't get any grease on the bed spread like I have done.A trip to the dry cleaner did not put my wife in that good of a mood.

"the bears on the bed are not mine"

Admission is the first step in treatment of a problem......just saying :lol: :p :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ron

rjm158":16oyxltg said:
"the bears on the bed are not mine"

Admission is the first step in treatment of a problem......just saying :lol: :p :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ron

Very good! Score!

Very nice rifle. Hopefully you will be shooting it at one of our as-issued Vintage military rifle matches in Harris this summer. I've got a link posted on the K-31/Varget thread.

I would encourage you to join CMP forums. There are guys there that eat, sleep and breath Garands. They will have the answer to any question you could possibly ask. And btw, me thinks thou doth protest too much about the bears. It's OK to have a snuggle buddy.

Thanks for the help with the bears. If I need help, I am guessing some of you guys here could give me some real world help with my issues.

wisconsinteacher":2ydd5s3j said:
Thanks for the help with the bears. If I need help, I am guessing some of you guys here could give me some real world help with my issues.

We all have skeletons in our closet (or bears on our bed). :shock: I'm certain some have overcome the predilection to cute and fuzzy animals. Face your problem, shoot a bear.

I see it has the earlier milled trigger guard. I also like to see a properly greased Garand, even if it can be a chancy thing on a pretty quilt. You'll have much enjoyment out of this rifle. I own a new production Springfield Armory M-1. The fact that it has an "un-original" receiver keeps me from participating in CMP Garand shoots, which I think is carrying things a bit too far. How would Cowboy Action shooting be if everyone had to shoot original Colt's Peacemakers?

Back