My new MRC X2 26 Nosler is scoped and ready for break in

26NosFan

Handloader
Apr 3, 2015
My Talley LW rings came in the mail yesterday so I mounted and bore sighted the Steiner GS3 3-15x50. I am glad I got the extended rings as the mounting length on the Steiner is not so generous. Quick math tells me that its about 9lbs all in but I haven't put it on a scale yet. I am so excited to get this thing on the range and see what it can do. I have only one box of 140gs ABs to sight and break in so I ordered 2 more this morning, 1 of 140 ABs and 1 of 129 ABLRs. The prices have started to come down with several sites having them on sale but still very pricey(I paid 56 a box today ) The first box cost me 75 shipped, these came out to 59. Sooo the next major purchase will be an RCBS Rockchucker kit, dies and supplies.
MRC suggests to clean after each shot for the first 10, then after every 5 for the next 30
Its going to be a fun couple of weeks as I wring this thing out. I will keep you posted. Sorry for the photos, just a couple of phone shots.

Attachments

• MRC X2 26 nos 1.jpg
    MRC X2 26 nos 1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,235
  • MRC X2 26 nos 2.jpg
    MRC X2 26 nos 2.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 1,235
That's a beautiful set up right there. Looks well proportioned and FAST!

Looks super sharp. I think the investment in reloading equipment will pay off big dividends to you in the long run, or even sooner since I think you'll be a able to Tune the Load to the gun with a bullet it likes. The brass from the ammo you bought can be reloaded so it's not wasted, but save your cash and get the equipment to put together your ammo and you'll be happy for the rest of your life!

longrangehunter":1a82rt21 said:
Looks super sharp. I think the investment in reloading equipment will pay off big dividends to you in the long run, or even sooner since I think you'll be a able to Tune the Load to the gun with a bullet it likes. The brass from the ammo you bought can be reloaded so it's not wasted, but save your cash and get the equipment to put together your ammo and you'll be happy for the rest of your life!

Amen to that... Besides, it's way more fun than Golf! :shock:

Thanks for all the compliments, I wasn't quite sure about matte scope and rings an a SS rifle but I kinda dig the oreo look now. my old man always said aesthetics has nothing to do with function, he had some ugly rifles that would seriously shoot. Reloading is definitely a passion and sometimes a requirement if you have a finicky rifle that won't digest factory offerings, its cheaper once you get started and just has that feeling of accomplishment when you find the "ah ha" load for you favorite rifle.

Today's factory loads are danged good but man are they spendy. If I only had one rifle id be okay with not handloading, maybe. Since I have a few rifles I wouldn't be able to shoot nearly as often.

That SS and Matte finish scope looks great. Can't wait to see it shoot.

I hear you on the spendy part, the days of getting red and white box federals at Walmart for $9.97 are long over. Growing up had we not reloaded I would not have shot and practiced a fraction of the time I did.

SJB358":2zl0p9x8 said:
longrangehunter":2zl0p9x8 said:

Amen to that... Besides, it's way more fun than Golf! :shock:
My brother inlaw would go into the field in front of my parents house on Sundays and hit golf balls I would sneak down the fence row and pick them off with my .22 when they stopped rolling. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Very nice looking rifle.
Congratulations on acquiring her.

Vince

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Amen to that... Besides, it's way more fun than Golf! :shock:[/quote] My brother inlaw would go into the field in front of my parents house on Sundays and hit golf balls I would sneak down the fence row and pick them off with my .22 when they stopped rolling. :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:[/quote]

Its called pasture ball.... No whispering commentators though. :lol: CL

Great looking rifle/scope combo!

Hope all goes well with it at the range - I'd think that a rifle like this should produce some excellent results.

Guy

Nice! Cabelas right now has all Nosler reloading 25% off might think about buying bullets and brass while it's on sale. Picked up ABLR's the other day for $40/100 also had 26 brass.

26NosFan":m8qpy2sp said:
Its going to be a fun couple of weeks as I wring this thing out. I will keep you posted. Sorry for the photos, just a couple of phone shots.

Congrats on the new rig... I'm excited to hear how it does. I'm expecting one to show up for me in 4-6 weeks also.. SO I REALLY hope to hear good range reports.

I ordered it the last week of March and received it first week of august, quite a wait, but so worth it. MRC made a huge splash at SHOT this year and saw orders come in at a clip they had never seen before so it is under standable. Hope yours arrives quickly.

26NosFan":1zhq7qzc said:
I ordered it the last week of March and received it first week of august, quite a wait, but so worth it. MRC made a huge splash at SHOT this year and saw orders come in at a clip they had never seen before so it is under standable. Hope yours arrives quickly.

How long did they TELL you it would take ?
Mine was ordered on 5-27 and I was told 12-16 weeks.
I'm on week 13 right now!

Original quote was 14. I emailed Larry every 2 weeks for status and communication was great till the end. I was getting no response from him and then Jeff Sipe emails to say he no longer was with MRC. I freaked a little but he found my order and rifle in process and it shipped a week later. Overall it was a great experience, I have always bought off the rack and this was a first time ordering a semi custom. It won't be my last MRC.

Looks great, congrats! I'm sure it will be a great shooter too...but keep us filled in!

Edit: What's she weigh? Does she balance nicely?

Back