My Tikka T3 Varmint loves 150gr AB's

bteate

Beginner
Sep 17, 2009
I bought some AB's from a store here close to home, took them to the range not expecting much accuracy from them (the business turns out thousands of rounds ) and WOW!. The first group was .405", the second was pittiful because of the loose screw behind the trigger, and the last group I settled down and touched off 3 measuring .172". Even at .127" off the lands. I would post pictures but I'm new here and I dont know how or if you can. [/list]

bteate

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here.
That is some fantastic shooting for sure. The AB is indeed an accurate bullet but it also takes good equipment as well as shooting technique. Well done!

The attached link should assist you in posting pictures.
http://noslerreloading.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10797

JD338

bteate,

Glad to have you on board here. You're learning what others have witnessed, attention to detail and excellent quality control makes a superior product. That is some fine shooting, for sure.

Welcome bteate, I think you will really like this forum lots of help regarding the Nosler family.
That is great shooting, I was wondering what caliber?

Blessings,
Dan

sask boy":dbnvqd9g said:
Welcome bteate, I think you will really like this forum lots of help regarding the Nosler family.
That is great shooting, I was wondering what caliber?

Blessings,
Dan

thank you, sask boy, it's a .308 w/ 22" heavy barrel

bteate

If I may ask, what is your load in the 308 Win with the 150 gr AB?

JD338

391862.gif

TikkaT3Varmint150grAccubond.jpg

man, that was confusing, it think I got it. I don't know the exact load. The guy that owns the business said it was a powder designed for the .308 by the military. I think it was 869?? I'll double check with him again and get the grns etc.

Thanks, Antelope_Sniper, I knew it started with an 8??, LOL. I've got a Barnes reloading manual and I could'nt find WC846. How does it compare to IMR4064 or Win 748? I've got a load made up w/ 44.5 grs of 4064 under a Sierra Gameking 150gr. SPBT, and it shoots good to. I don't have all of my reloading stuff yet, so I'm at the mercy of the few people I know who do, all of them have jobs w/ crazy hours, don't want to help me with the extra time they do have, etc. I can understand that I guess, thats why I'm trying to do it myself. I've learned alot already just from reading some of the post's here. Thanks to everyone here. BTW, russ808 I don't frame, no need. :)
TikkaT3Varmint150grSierra.jpg

That's correct, you will not find it in any of the loading manuals. My Lot is dead on with BLC-2. I've seen rumors that it is BLC-2, but I've been unable to confirm it. When in doubt, with surplus powders, it always a good idea to start a little lower. With this powder I would start with the minimun loads for H335, and work up to the max loads for BLC-2, and stop when ever the gun told me to. Once you get to know your lot of powder, you will find a comfort zone, but always drop back and re-work up with old surplus powders. I've added a post with my experience loading with surplus powder under the reloading section. Let me know if you have any quesitons.

Back