Neck sizing question

pharmseller

Handloader
Feb 13, 2012
I currently load for 2 7mm Rem Mags, both Tikkas. I have a bunch of once-fired brass, all Remington. Most of it (2/3) was fired in Tikka 1, the rest in Tikka 2. If I neck size only and the brass chambers easily in both rifles, am I good to go or do I still need to FL resize? I'll make sure to keep the brass separate next time.

P

If the brass fits in both chambers I don't think you have a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if you have a case length measuring tool , that measures from case head to shoulder , you should be able to measure the fired cases and separate them into groups of two different lengths .

If it chambers in both rifles fine then it is ok.
If it only fits one rifle without a lot of forcing the bolt on the other then you need to resize more or FL resize.

I ran all of them through my rifle, close to 250 cases. Thirty-five didn't chamber, the rest were slick as snot. I'll check my brother's rifle too and FL resize any that don't chamber easily.

P

jimbires":10aq3ccv said:
if you have a case length measuring tool , that measures from case head to shoulder , you should be able to measure the fired cases and separate them into groups of two different lengths .

Jims way would work pretty quick. You could use a .338 Hornady comparator in order to measure the shoulder. Should be an easy way to separate them for future use.

Back