Need Scope for new 7mm 08

I have several of the Zeiss 3-9 X 40 scopes. They are a good scope and stand up to hard hunting. You'll enjoy the Conquest.

Great choice for the caliber you are putting it on. As much as I want to buy Leupold for my big game rifles, they just don't stand up for clarity and brightness and the Zeiss costs less for comparable magnifications. For the money, best mid-range priced scope on the market IMO.

257 Ackley":3e3p3gu4 said:
Great choice for the caliber you are putting it on. As much as I want to buy Leupold for my big game rifles, they just don't stand up for clarity and brightness and the Zeiss costs less for comparable magnifications. For the money, best mid-range priced scope on the market IMO.

I am a big Zeiss Conquest fan, but the last time I compared a VX3 and a Conquest, the VX3 actually seemed a brighter and a hair more clear, too. Just a hair, but I noticed it. It also didn't flare at the fluorescent lights in the store, where the Conquest did a little. Not unusable at all, but it was noticed.

When you compare ballistic reticles, the prices are almost a dead tie. It's only in a duplex reticle 3-9x40 that the Zeiss beats the Leupold (by about $80 retail price).

I'm torn....I was sure I was going to put another Conquest on my recently acquired 300WSM. Now I'm not so sure.

I hate when that happens Tom. I am sure either one would be an excellent addition. I like Leupold, but I am pretty sure I will be branching out shortly. Scotty

There are a variety of excellent scopes available on the market today. It is sometimes difficult to make a decision because of the choices presented. On the other hand, it is difficult to go wrong if we go with a quality product in the first place. Both Zeiss and Leupold make a good product (as do Minox, and Trijicon, and Meopta, and ...).

Back