need your help on deciding what scope to get for guide gun

RogueRiver

Handloader
Mar 13, 2005
I placed classifieds on several forums looking for a lowpowered 20mm scope. I have been offered a redfield 1-4x20mm for $110 or a Gander mtn 4x 20mm scope for $65. I'm just wondering if I'd be better buying a new 1-3 weaver for $160ish or a vx1 1-4 for $199

If you can handle the 33 mm objective, I might think about one of the new Redfield 2-7x33. I think I paid under $150 bucks for mine.

I hear the little Redfields are good scopes. I have a v3 1-3x20 Weaver on a .35 Rem and I sure wouldn't want it on my 1895G, eye relief is too short.

thanks pop that is what I was thinking. Wish I had the funds rt now for a vx2 or 3

RR

Buy the Leupold, lifetime warranty. :wink:

JD338

ya then I can always send it to the custom shop if I ever want to change anything

widgeon":18lekfm1 said:
Scope on a guide gun? What's the point?

Well, there is that. I'd personally try to find a nice receiver sight, but that's just me.

theres been several deer without a scope even at close range in brush- I never would have seen an antler that forks- and close range in brush no time for binoculars. but to each there own, plus the vision in my right eye isn't perfect.

The vision thing is definitely a valid reason. I hadn't thought of that, as my eyes are still good. A few more years and I'll be right there with you. :mrgreen:

As much as I like receiver sights, for real hunting, I prefer glass, even low power really allows threading the needle and I haven't ever been handicapped by a scope. Having both options on a Guide rifle is a nice touch though! Scotty

Back