Never shoot the donor....

A

Anonymous

I knew better. Really. I did.

Took the new to me 7WSM out, haphazardly stuck an old Zeiss Conquest on it in a Medium DNZ 1 piece mount. Bore sighted and then fired a three round group of Winchester 140gr Ballistic Silvertips.

That's 1.25" off a rickety folding table over a backpack at 20F in the snow. That'll kill stuff much further than I'll shoot them.

Attachments

• 7WSM 3rd.JPG
    7WSM 3rd.JPG
    551.3 KB · Views: 752
  • 7WSM3.JPG
    7WSM3.JPG
    435.6 KB · Views: 751
I think you should wear that 7mm tube out before making that 300 WSM you were talking about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thebear_78":2ftwq198 said:
I think you should wear that 7mm tube out before making that 300 WSM you were talking about

As much as I love the .300WSM... this thing shows a lot of promise "as-is". I'm thinking a stock that free floats the barrel might yield some results. But heck, for what I've got in this thing....I might ought to just hunt the crap out of it for a few years.

It ended up at 8.5lbs on the nose with the Zeiss and 140s at 3200 just bump you enough to know you did something cool.

I thought you had a 300 WSM already? I would keep it as is too till you burn out the barrel.

gerry":9qbhpjkg said:
I thought you had a 300 WSM already? I would keep it as is too till you burn out the barrel.

Yep- I've got one that pretty much is my go to rifle for shooting stuff. I moved a Leupold 2.5-8x on it in Talleys. Pretty nice setup for what I do.

Attachments

• Nosler 48.JPG
    Nosler 48.JPG
    436 KB · Views: 733
I sure enjoy my 7mm WSM, and it just keeps on delivering fine accurate targets about which I can brag (and killing stuff when I use it as it was meant to be used).

I too made the mistake of shooting the donor.

So instead of a 35 Whelen I have a good 30-06.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Vince":3tuv4kcd said:

You could do worse, Vince. (I have to say this quietly lest the wrong people overhear it). :wink:

DrMike":16k39tzk said:
Vince":16k39tzk said:

You could do worse, Vince. (I have to say this quietly lest the wrong people overhear it). :wink:

Doc you're not as bad as most.

But...HA!

Dale

Thebear_78":22hdf4zg said:

IF you wear out that 7mm WSM barrel out then you just might put another on it.. With the right stock on that rifle it would be incredible. I have the same M70 Classic but a blued/laminated Sporter. It is incredibly accurate. It is a really good performer too and not harsh to shoot at all. So count me in as one of it's fans...

As for Mike not being as bad as the rest.. Well.... I don't have the words..

Hodgeman, hunt that sucker! You stole it for what you paid for it. Not that it will do anything your 300 won't, but it is lighter on the recoil level with those awesome 140's that are available.

Back