New 45/70 from Santa!

Earl, good to see you posting again. That is some very fine furniture on the 45/70. I also got a Taylors and co. Import; a winchester 73 a few Christmases ago. They make a fine rifle.
For the guys with old eyes. I too had given up on Iron sights. Two years ago I had cataract surgery. Told the doc I wanted to be able to use Irons again. He made it happen. Don’t get rid of your old winchesters, keep them around for when you have six Saturdays and a Sunday every week.

I'm a Henry guy, myself.

View attachment 18428
That is another beautiful rifle. I can certainly see why you are a Henry guy!
Earl, good to see you posting again. That is some very fine furniture on the 45/70. I also got a Taylors and co. Import; a winchester 73 a few Christmases ago. They make a fine rifle.
For the guys with old eyes. I too had given up on Iron sights. Two years ago I had cataract surgery. Told the doc I wanted to be able to use Irons again. He made it happen. Don’t get rid of your old winchesters, keep them around for when you have six Saturdays and a Sunday every week.
Well good to hear your still able to do the open sights, I am ok with a tang sight but rear sight on barrel is about out of the question for me anymore, looking forward to seeing how it will shoot those old 300gr Hornady HP's.
Merry Christmas 🎄

Gorgeous!

I could see one of those as a second .45-70.... my first one will probably be a stainless Marlin... something I can beat the tarnation out of without feeling guilty.

Back