New from Italy ... Hello guys !

wheelgunner

Beginner
Nov 12, 2009
Hello, my name is Luca, i am an Italian Hunter / Shooter ...
This Forum it's very nice, lot of informations, tips, ecc.

Here two photos about me ... one Female Roe-Deer (last jannuary in Hungary), ... and my TikkaT3-LS-7mm.RM - with the Leup.Mark4 6,5-20x50 LRT M1-Tmr reticle

(The female Roe-deer stopped by AccuBond 140 x 66,0 grs. H4831 - 215 yds. )

Luca

Welcome, Luca!!! You will find a massive amount of knowledge and friendliness here on the forum.

That is a nice looking rifle and Roe deer (they are small!!) and thank you for posting the photos!

Luca,

Glad to have you on board. Pictures of game that we don't frequently see here in North America are always of interest. What cartridge is your rifle? And what are you sporting for glass? All of us will look forward to learning from you as you contribute.

Thank you ... !
When i see the photos about yours tipical hunt (Elk, Deers, ecc...), it's like a dream for me, your mountains, your forest are amazing ! ... maybe one day ... i will hunt i that wonderfull place ... also for one time !

Here a Roe-deer Buck (... a medium dimension trophy ..), in August,

Here in Italy we hunt : Roe-deer, Wild-Boars, Red-deer (... to much money ... :x ), Chamois (in the Nord of Italy, high mountain) .... very different from yours Hunt.

My rifles are:
- TikkaT3 Lamin.Stainless 7mm.Remington Magnum
- Sako75 SS .270WSM
- Remington 700 BDL .22-250 Rem
- Remington CDL SF limited ed. .30-06
and the scopes are:
- Leupold Mark4 6,5-20x50 LRT M1 Tmr (Tikka)
- Leupold VXIII 8,5-25x50 LRT Varmint Hunter (Sako)
- Swarovski 2,5-10x56 (Rem 22-250)
- ..... i still have to take a new glass for the Remmy 30-06 ... don't know if take a Zeiss Conq. 4,5.14x50 or a Leup. VX3-L 4,5-14x56 ...

.... in 7RM and .270WSM my best bullet is AccuBond (130, 140 and 160), in 22-250 Ballistic-Tip 55 grs.

You certainly have some excellent cartridges and some very serious glass. Game always looks more exciting elsewhere, and I'm certain that many people on this forum would love to have opportunity to hunt wild boar and roe deer. However, most of us who hunt here in North America are extremely grateful for the wild areas that we have for hunting. I believe most of the members of this forum would say that the experience of being in wild places is enough in itself, even if no game is taken. Simply to see the magnificent animals that live in those places is a treat. The abundance of game that we have throughout North America is due in no small measure to the continuing efforts of sportsmen who volunteer their time, their moneys and their efforts to maintaining what is there. Many are prepared to speak up for the areas and to insist on wise conservation, rather than blind worship of the earth. Consequently, the size of that buck requires some good shooting. Is the typical shot on roe deer at a long distance? Or are you able to stalk fairly close on these little deer?

The North-America wild areas are ALWAYS on my dreams ! :roll:

.... regarding the Roe-deer hunt, there are two principal ways to hunt the "little deer" :
- standing, waiting for him in the tipical places ... no particular things to do: make attention to speak very low-volume, no-smoke, NO-MOVEMENT, ... the same things ... and the distance for a Real Hunter to engage the Roe-Deer is about 270-300 yds. max ... that's why, in my opinion, if i want to be a "good hunter", if the first thing i do is RESPECT my deer, shooting in a distance i am sure 100% to kill him with only one shot ... there are no "practice" when you hunt .... you HAVE to be sure ... if not, don't try, if not: no shoot.
The tipical places are the flat green near the forest, early in the morning, before they com back in the wood, ore late in the evening when they start to come out ... in both conditions, there are 15-20 minutes of light to shoot, so the must for this kind of hunt is: high quality lens, to make you gain 5 minutes more.

- The other way to hunt the Roe-deer is : go looking for him, in the wood.
In Europe this kind of hunt it is called "Pirsch" style ... (don't ask me why, ... i don't know ... presume is a German word ...)
When you go "pirsching", you can shoot in about 70-80 yds. to 150 yds. ... in this way you hav to be silent, very smooth in your movement, quiet dressing, wind always in the face, .... trained to shoot with your rifle blocked by your sling, or helped by a three, or using a stick .

I prefer the Standing-Hunt, because i have my loads, optimized in the shooting range, tight groups .... a lot of test ... so i like to "put in the field" all my best loads.

With the 140-160 Accu. (in the 7RM) and the 130 Accu. (.270WSM) i can stay (average), in a group of 12-14 mm. at 200 yds. (3 rounds), with a best of 8 mm. and the bad of 21 mm. .....
This does it mean, when i am hunting, cold weather, adrenaline, prone position with rifle on the back-pack ... i can stay surely in 30-40 mm. at 300 yds. in the vital-area of the little Deer.

Welcome to the forum, I am glad that you have posted some photo and it is fun to get to know you. I always feel that being out hunting is the best thing getting the game is just a bonus.
I hope that someday your dream will come true and you will be able to get over here to take in our beautiful country and get some hunting in :)
Looking forward to more posts.

Blessings,
Dan

Welcome to the forum.....
As the others have stated, there is a lot of good info and better yet a lot of great people here on this forum.

The Chamois have always intrigued me due to the mountainious terain.
Here is a pic of some of the terain here in Colorado that we like to hunt for Mule Deer & Elk. The two peaks in the back ground are just a tad over 14,000 ft in elevation.

SheepSeason2009006-1.jpg

Welcome to the forum.
Nice pictures and gun collection.
It's nice to see that you have some American guns in your collection. We Americans have a few Italian guns in our collections.

I spent half of my life in Europe, all over but lived primarily in Greece and Germany .

Io greco!

Una razza una faccia ! NO?

Welcome Luca,

Always very interesting to hear from other hunters and other hunters in other countries. As others said, this is a great place to chat and dream. Good folks and great times.

Rod in North Dakota

Cool pictures and awesome set ups on your long guns. That is a serious lot of arms you have. You are well set to come to North America and take about any any we have here. Scotty

Thank you guys ! ....

I am still dreaming, looking the photos of the north-American mountains, .... :roll:

...And ... i didn't say before but, .... excuse me for my very very very bad English (... or American ...), sometimes i don't find the right words to explain well what i would like to say ... :oops:

Welcome Luca! Please share more photos and stories of your hunts when you can. I really enjoy learning about hunting in different parts of the world.

Here's some of "my" mountains, where I hunted this year:
IMG_2267.jpg

IMG_2247.jpg

I understand Italy has some incredible mountains too...

I think it is cool that you at least try English, I don't know any Italian. It is nice for you to come on the forum and share your adventures with us. If you ever decide to come to America I will take you to the mountains out west in Arizona and we will hunt together. It is in October when we hunt black bear. You will have a ball with us. It will only cost you your air fair and a none resident license and tag are only a total of 350.00 US.

We will pick you up from the Airport in Phoenix, feed you, house you and and even supply you with a rifle (a nice one to hunt with). Glad you are on the forum. :)

Guy, what can you hunt in your state that one does not have to draw for???? Nice looking for sure. :lol: :lol:

bullet":1tto0b9i said:
I think it is cool that you at least try English, I don't know any Italian. It is nice for you to come on the forum and share your adventures with us. If you ever decide to come to America I will take you to the mountains out west in Arizona and we will hunt together. It is in October when we hunt black bear. You will have a ball with us. It will only cost you your air fair and a none resident license and tag are only a total of 350.00 US.

We will pick you up from the Airport in Phoenix, feed you, house you and and even supply you with a rifle (a nice one to hunt with). Glad you are on the forum. :)

.... Bullet ... thank you so much, i'm embarassed .... i'll plain this Arizona-Hunt ... but ONLY if you will come in Italy to shoot some Wild-boars or Roe-deer ... (i need to talk with some friends, for informations to make this possible).

wheelgunner":22tjb238 said:
bullet":22tjb238 said:

.... Bullet ... thank you so much, i'm embarassed .... i'll plain this Arizona-Hunt ... but ONLY if you will come in Italy to shoot some Wild-boars or Roe-deer ... (i need to talk with some friends, for informations to make this possible).

It all sounds good to me, I would look forward to trying to accomplish both ways - you coming here and me going to Italy. You can PM me and we can start to work on that and exchange email addresses. bullet

Back