New here, but here's my "line up"...

beretzs":qwaiq46o said:
tddeangelo":qwaiq46o said:
beretzs":qwaiq46o said:
Great pictures again David. I am never tired of seeing trophies like those.

Tom, I think you will come into the 257 fine. I would be leery also if I had experienced that kind of failure. Again, if there is a question about bullet integrity, nothing like setting up some water filled milk jugs and letting it show you. I know it isn't hide nor bone, but it will give you a decent idea, especially if you smash them at 25 yards or so. That will be the toughest the bullet should ever encounter. If it is going to be flaky, I would bet it would show up there.

On another note, I have a bunch of 115gr-120gr PT's I am not going to be using for awhile. Send me an address and I will send them to you for testing. Scotty

Aren't you needing those for a new 25-06? ;)

I appreciate the offer, Scotty. Let me try some AB's first, and if for some reason I can't get 'em to shoot, I'll let you know.

Well, I don't currently have a 25-06 and don't plan on getting one for awhile. I do want one, but with my current safe, I am in no lack of rifles to hunt/work with. I bought the PT's when I bought the 25-06 the first time around. Loved the cartridge, hated the rifle. I will get another, just not a priority right this second. When I can put some eyeballs on the new M70's Sporters, that may change. Scotty

I know....I was prodding ya a little on the 25-06. ;)

If you really don't want the PT's, feel free to send 'em north.

Back