New IMR Powders

DrMike":3a3f05a9 said:
When they are available, I will no doubt purchase some just to explore possibilities.

Me too, they look the be very good.....

I would expect that they won't be too hard to find since they are so new and most people won't know what they are. Such was the case with IMR 8208 here and it quickly became one of my favorites. For those willing to experiment good things might just be in store for them

ScreaminEagle":376mir9b said:
I wonder what 4451 would do in the 280?

I bet it'd be good, but heck what doesn't work decent in a good 280 anyhow?

I do like seeing new powders. Took me awhile to warm up to RL17 but now I run it in a bunch of cartridges and am very happy with it. Quite a few of the these newer powders breath a little life in some older cartridges. I kinda dig that. 17 is magical in my 35 Newton. I should try some others but it's working too well at this point to mess with it.

4451 does look good with 140 and 150 grain bullets in the 280 Rem....

As for trying new powders...I'm a tinkerer, of course I'm gonna try them....I like doing stuff just to see what happens.

Will 4451 work with the 280? You may be assured that should I have opportunity, I will find out.

wayno945":3q6xuynw said:
John Barsness has a thread going over on the fire. He's saying the burn rates on these are similar to 4064, 4350, and Retumbo.
If 4166 is similar to 4064 it should work in the Whelen. Someone buy some and test it for me. :roll: :lol:

Back