New Outfitter rifle....2013 Catalog

What caliber are you thinking of? They are sure offering some very nice guns these days.

I don't know....

.338 WM is awfully appealing out of the list there- I've already got .300s, a .308 and a .375 Ruger.

Not much interest in a 9.3x62 or a .458WM.

The 338 would be nice and very useful where you live. I do know for sure I don't want anything to do with a 7.25 lb 458 Win :shock:

You can always dump one and get this one.....

Man...I'm out of stuff I'd want to dump!

I'd hate to let go of my M48 in .300WSM, but I'd think about it pretty hard.

I agree Gerry- a 7.25lb .458 would be pretty exhilarating.

Your line up is pretty good, not to many holes to fill. Swapping one of your 300's for a 338 does make some sense.

Hodgman, that is the reason they put out these catalogs. We are reminded of what we want and compelled to review what we have. The 338WM is a great cartridge, as you well know. It will work well on about any game in North America.

The .338 WM gets my vote, particularly where you live and it fits the progression of your other rifles.

I've had a couple of .338s in the past... I always thought they were too much gun for most small things and too little for a dedicated rifle for the big stuff.

The newer lighter projectiles for the .338 like the 180gr AB makes it more practical for mountain hunting while still retaining enough "oomph" for the odd big stuff with 250s.

Hmmm....a one gun solution- I'm liking it.

hodgeman":13iaggme said:
I've had a couple of .338s in the past... I always thought they were too much gun for most small things and too little for a dedicated rifle for the big stuff.

The newer lighter projectiles for the .338 like the 180gr AB makes it more practical for mountain hunting while still retaining enough "oomph" for the odd big stuff with 250s.

Hmmm....a one gun solution- I'm liking it.

I am liking my renewed fun with the 338 Win Mag. This past Fall I hunted with 200 AB's at 3000, pretty sure I will try some 225's at 2800 or so this Fall.. It is one of the great ones. It'll be an awesome rifle no matter what caliber though..

Can someone send me the info on this new rifle? Is it right between the TGR and Professional?

Back