New primers on the way

Went to a local shop yesterday.

Small rifle and Large rifle CCI primers --------- $109 before tax.
Reloder 10 -------- $61.00 before tax.

I ordered 2000 primers from Republic Reloading in Lima, Ohio. Small pistol made in Bosnia Herzegovina. The primers work perfect and are $79.00 a thousand. With shipping and Hazmat came to $200.00. That's the best I could do.

And people paying stupid prices for them. A listing on gunbroker for 300 Rem 9 1/2 sold for $50.00 plus $54.00 shipping. Come people use your heads.

So not counting shipping, that would come to roughly $165 per brick.

I'd help somebody out in my area that was in dire need of some without being concerned about current pricing, but what's really sad is that just to sell them for the sake of selling them, I wouldn't sell my bricks for that money. Wouldn't even consider it. Yes I'd be making substantial profit but I'd rather make money some other way and keep my primers, that's how important they are.

And to think, just a few yrs ago I could walk into any shop and buy as many as I'd want for $35-$36 a brick average, and today I'd have no desire to sell them at even 5 times that. Crazy, but I didn't set the parameters, I'm just living in them. Very thankful to have what I do.

Back