New Project

muleman

Handloader
May 12, 2009
I don't even have my 6.5WSM back from the smith and I'm planning the next one.
IMG_0915.JPG
The 338 Rocket is the 26Nosler necked up to .338 and throated to run at 3.6" or longer depending on preferred bullets. The dummies I have assembled are with 225 and 300 Accubonds. Q/L says I should get 3100,3000 and 2750FPS for the 225, 250 and 300gr Accubonds respectively. I'm gonna need one of Nathan's big Beast brakes for this one! Last time I worked loads for a 338 it was the Win mag and the 250's were a handful without a brake. I'm going to build it on a Win 70 Classic stainless steel action and try to keep the rifle to about 8.5lbs. Trying to decide on the barrel right now.
I've been so busy coaching softball and football this year that my round count is down by half. I need to get out and shoot more. I did get some tags to hunt with my kids this fall. Need to get out in the woods too!

I bet that would be a beast to shoot without a brake!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a fun project. It's hard to go wrong with a bartlien or brux

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, you sure are ambitious 8)!! I am sure looking forward to hearing about the components and photos of this next build.

Blessings,
Dan

Cool build. I'll be interested to see how or does. I'll bet those heavies will thump a little on both ends.
I was discussing that chambering with a buddy and since we both have a soft spot for 9.3s, it naturally evolved into " wonder what that would do necked to .366?" Usually that's a dangerous though process for me. :grin:

I concur about the barrels. Brux's wait time was really short a month ago when I ordered 2 barrels.

Back