New rifle arrives Sept. 11..........

May 17, 2011
Kimber Classic Select in .30-06 6lbs 3oz

Swaro 3.5-10x42mm with Kimber bases and Leupold rings.

2 boxes of Trophy Grade 150gr PT's on hand for break in and brass.

Montana sling.

Rifle arrives Weds Sept. 11th. Can't wait to put her together and see what she does.

Plus, taking kids to Cabelas tomorrow. Will see what my girls gravitate towards. Quite possible they'll have new toys as well.

Crappy cell pic.......

Agree. That should be a very nice setup when you've got it all together.

Very nice! Looking forward to the range report & subsequent hunting photos & reports! A good .30-06 can do an awfully good job afield.

Guy

Thanks fellas. Got $1500 to spend on my girls rifles if they find something they can't live without. If not, Santa will come see them this Christmas. lol Although I'm a bit skinny and don't have a white enough beard just yet.

Been waiting and watching Kimbers for years. Finally had the perfect opportunity to get one. Wanting to run the 190 ABLR's, 165 PT's, or 180 PT's. We'll see what shoots.

Got a leftover cow tag and an over the counter bull tag for this fall.

Sounds as if you did well for tags. Consequently, the girth and white beard will take care of itself with time. :mrgreen: In the interim, I'm certain you'll find a way to setup your girls with some decent firearms.

Good Dr. you are correct. Although I am working on the white beard part pretty good. Only 37 and its about 70% white nowadays.

One thing with my girls is the fact they were born 2 month pre-mature. Even now at 13 years old, they are still super small in stature and especially muscle strength. In time they'll get that taken care of but I really want to see what they can actually hold comfortably. Sure don't want to buy what I think they need, only to find out they feel like their carrying dumbbell's around. lol Hence, my hesitance to buy the other rifles until I can get them out to look at stuff. Dad just wants to do this right.

I can assure you that almost all of us posting here are pulling for you to secure precisely what is required for your young ladies. We want to see the ladies entering the woods, joining with their fathers, brothers and husbands in the hunt.

Awesome rifle Kelly! You did well brother!

Hope your girls find a Winchester Compact 7-08! I'm praying to the rifle gods for em!

Kelly, do you already have the Swaro and rings? If so, does that mean we can expect range reports September 12th??? :grin:

Lol Robert, I do have everything needed on hand minus rifle. But, I work Mon thru Fri so earliest I can hit the grasslands to shoot it, is next Saturday. However, might be heading west 2 and a half hours to scout some elk areas. If so, will take it with me and try sight in. :)

Top quality goods are where a good load begins. You're on the right track.

First some pics, then a initial impression write up. Range time this weekend most likely won't happen. Last night got real bad with rain, and trying to drive a truck through the gumbo this weekend don't sound appealing. We'll see how the weekend shapes up..

Onto the show..

Back