new rifle.

tjRoberts

Beginner
Dec 3, 2007
Bought a new rifle yesterday.
Its a Kimber 84M with upgraded french walnut. Its avery beautifull rifle.
The design is excelent. Ther trigger pull is extreemy light. I bought it in .308 winchester.
the bedding is not what I expected it to be as I can't get a dollar bill under the black, (ebony ?) forend cap.
I will be shooting it this weekend, update to follow. I have had no luck with the pictures here but they are on 24HR campfire and acurate reloading.
...tj3006

Sounds like some fun coming this weekend. Let us know how it shoots etc... and a good choice on caliber.

Long

Here is tj's pic of his Kimber. I really like his stock.

kimber004.jpg

Very nice indeed tj, congratulations on one beautiful rifle.
If she only shoots 1/2 as good as she looks, it will still be a shooter.

Let us know what loads you shoot and how she groups.

JD338

tj

That's pretty enough to hang on the wall just to look at. They don't make many stocks like that anymore that most people can afford. You done good :grin: I'm looking forward to your report on how it shoots.

Good Hunting
Elkhunt :grin:

Nice gun. I bought a Kimber Longmaster Classic in 223 Remington over the summer. This is it. If yours is as good a shooter as mine you won't be able to stop smiling.

Kimber4.jpg

I would,n't mind getting one of those my self.
My little 84 is excelent for most types of hunting I do. But like most all light weights it heats up prety quick so a guy needs to be a little carfull with it.
i would think a guy could blast away a lot more with that one.
...tj3006

Been off line for about a week, hard drive died and computer wouldn't boot up. Had to replace the one that gave me 7 years of good service. The new one is lightning fast. :)

The fluted barrel keeps the gun pretty cool. I can shoot in rapid succession and not get too hot. I would not discourage anyone from buying one if they wanted it.

Back