New stock for the Howa 6.5 CM

I’ve seated the from .020”-.125” with varget and RL16. I have though about going deeper than that though. Just can’t decide if I wanna mess with them anymore lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't blame you. With that being about the only one it doesn't shoot I'd be okay with leaving it behind.

I'd kind of like to try some of the 129/142 ABLR's soon. Never shot a one of them.

SJB358":evxryytv said:
I don't blame you. With that being about the only one it doesn't shoot I'd be okay with leaving it behind.

I'd kind of like to try some of the 129/142 ABLR's soon. Never shot a one of them.
Me to really wanting to try that 129 ABLR. Seems like perfect bullet for the 6.5 CM. Should get great speed with RL16! And great b.c. Too! Should be the perfect round for deep penetration, and flat shooting. I bet you can get into the 2900 fps range with RL16 and 24” barrel. I know a lot of people have found them really finicky to load though but it’s worth a shot!

I'd say you're good to go with any of those loads, the GMX being the odd one out. Sure like that stock color. I got the green Medalist for my 280, but kinda wished I'd gotten the tan like yours.

I couldn't get GMX's to group in my 280 either, but used them for a couple seasons as they were still accurate enough for our typical woods hunting. They penetrate like a freight train though. On a follow up shot, the bullet grazed an oak tree, hit the deer expanded and still passed through. Moved on to Accubonds, which are much more accurate in that gun, but kinda want to revisit the GMX using similar load data to my Accubonds.

Nice work on that Creedmore. I surely have no "need" for a 6.5, but I want one.

And when you shoot the barrel out you can put on a new McGowen. They just started advertising barrels set up like a Savage with the barrel nut. Calling them Howage.

hogginlong":2aierra4 said:
And when you shoot the barrel out you can put on a new McGowen. They just started advertising barrels set up like a Savage with the barrel nut. Calling them Howage.
Thanks for that news! I have already been looking for options for when that day comes. Not as many people out there that rebarrel a Howa as I thought there might be. I had pretty much settled on PAC-Nor, but now I’ll look into McGowen also.

Back