Next Nosler Custom Rifle Caliber

Because of the problems with launching the 300 WSMs, I heard today that they delayed announcing the next caliber until October/November. I believe they have only sold about 50% of the 500 guns planned.

I am hoping they will have a 375 H&H as one of the calibers.

One of the things Nosler could do is "poll" those of us who have already ordered a 300 WSM, as to what other calibers we would like to see. I am thinking 375 H&H, 270 Win, 257 Roberts, and 220 Swift. Other great calibers are 7mm Rem Mag, 338 Win Mag, 243 Win..........

We will announce our next cartridge for the Custom Rifle the first of the year. We will have caught up with shipments on our '05 by Dec.

The Shot Show is not very far off. The decision on the next Nosler gun chambering must have been made by now. Anybody want to leak a little inside info to the common folk?

Hopefully they will tell those of us who have ordered the first gun before too long.

Wow!
280AI is a fine all around cartridge. Good choice.

JD338

Has the cartridge for the 06 Nosler Custom Rifle been announced at this stage? I haven't seen any reference to it. Nosler told me one cartridge it wasn't going to be. So my order for a Kimber Montana in that calibre still stands. But Oz is such a small market, we will be the last to get anything.

Murphy's Law Strikes Again.

Having recently posted or whinged that it would be a while before the Kimber Montana landed in Oz, I was surprised to receive a phone call to say that it was waiting for me at the gun shop. Anyway, I had to go to pick up some other rifles so I at least got to check the Montana out. A very impressive bit of kit.

Now I just have to apply for my Permit to Acquire, wait for the 28 day cooling period to expire and then for the paperwork to arrive, before I can take delivery. ( 4 to 6 weeks I would say) depending upon the volume of paperwork the Firearms Registry has to deal with.

Keep you posted.

GMC.

Dave Regan":mcpalfj5 said:
Murphy's Law Strikes Again.

Now I just have to apply for my Permit to Acquire, wait for the 28 day cooling period to expire and then for the paperwork to arrive, before I can take delivery. ( 4 to 6 weeks I would say) depending upon the volume of paperwork the Firearms Registry has to deal with.

Good Lord! Twenty eight days "cooling off" to buy a high end bolt action rifle. That makes sense because I know here in the states the weapon of choice for gangsters is a Sako 75 Deluxe. If only our politicians were as progressive as yours :lol:.

I mailed my application for a Permit to Purchase. So the clock is ticking.

I can do just about anything else I need to do on line. Vehicle registration, driver's licence renewal, banking, receiving and paying bills and a multitude of other daily requirements, but as soon as it comes to firearms or firearms licensing, logic and common sense seems to go flying out the window.

Now, I could understand the logic of having a cooling period if this was the initial purchased a firearm. But my safe contains a range of rimfire and centerfire rifles from 17 Mach 2 to .375" H & H.

Years ago, I was informed that every 24 hours a check was completed on the Central Names Index. So if you had come under adverse police notice and you held a firearms licence, your name would be spat out by the computer and a file generated.

It makes it very easy to police law abiding citizens.

Back