Nikko Sterling scopes

bear

Beginner
Jun 25, 2009
Can anyone give me some pros and con's about the 1x4 ill dot 30 mm. I'm thinking of getting one for a blr .358 for bear hunting .

I looked through a couple of Nikko Sterling scopes that came on Howa kit rifles. They appear to be a relatively inexpensive scope. Whether or not they are comfortable to shoot (adequate eye relief, clarity in low light, etc.), or how they hold up under adverse conditions is not information to which I am privy. Because they are Australian, though made with Japanese glass (http://www.nikkostirling.com/Content/Riflescopes.htm), I would assume that warranty issues could be a problem. My personal opinion is that you would be happier with a Leupold VX-II 1-4 X 20 or a VX-II 2-7 X 33 or a VX-3 1.75-6 X 36. If expense is a consideration, you might want to look at a VX-1 2-7 X 33. You get a proven product from an American company with excellent warranty service should you need it.

My bad. I assumed, since they were first developed by an Australian, that they were still Australian. However, they appear to be made in China. One more reason to avoid them in my estimate.

Back